x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

netfront 3.3 on J720

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Next »
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-15 3:16 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

link to download: http://izemize.fw.hu/NF33_j72x.zip

this contains the working netfront.exe and the necessary DLL's for hpc2000 arm, for example jornada 720.

first install the demo cab from access netfront's website, then just overwrite the files with my files from the zip and you're ready to go
 Top of the page
Rocketman Page Icon Posted 2005-11-16 12:03 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Thanks for all the hard work on this everyone! I got it working using Cmonex's files. Rendering speed and quality is much improved over 3.3 and there are now a ton of helpful options that you can set, though you need to use winwatch to access many of them. If the commercial release of 3.3 ends up being able to be run on my Jornada 720, I will definitely be purchasing it.

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-16 4:29 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

cool, i'm glad you like it.
if i get the commercial version, i'll let you know if it can be hacked too. i would bet on it being hackable in the exact same way though. i'm 99% sure

btw, when i downloaded the trial, i wrote HP Jornada 720 as the model of pda when asked and requested a port for HPC's i would like everyone else to do so when downloading the trial (and when buying the commercial version!).
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2005-11-16 7:25 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Thanks, Cmonex--you did a brave thing

For the record, before I roll up my sleeves and do the install: do you think this Netfront version is faster in rendering webpages than the standard PIE/fxBrowser?

Again, the community is grateful to you,
Jake
 Top of the page
DarkShadow
DarkShadow Page Icon Posted 2005-11-16 1:44 PM
#
Thanks Cmonex! good news !

I installed it and I have 2 problems, 1- the font problem as you reported it.. can't use the default font of the website. and 2- can't make the bookmark work, am I doing something wrong? are you able to make it work?

Jake: Yes I think that pages a loading much faster that PIE/fx, it has also the zoom function and the SSL is working much better with my bank account.

Regards,

DarkShadow

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-16 2:51 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Jake - 2005-11-16 1:25 PM

Thanks, Cmonex--you did a brave thing

For the record, before I roll up my sleeves and do the install: do you think this Netfront version is faster in rendering webpages than the standard PIE/fxBrowser?

Again, the community is grateful to you,
Jake

i'm glad if i could be of any help!

i think NF 3.0 is definitely faster on many pages than IE... (have you ever tried 3.0?) this newest 3.3 is fast sometimes, sometimes not, it depends on the particular page and the settings. for example text mode is very fast! but there are a lot more modes... experiment please! and it sure helps a LOT to have an up to date browser! SSL is a good example as others said. it is reassuring to know you can view almost any page when you need it.
oh, and it doesn't overload the whole system while loading a page.. useful...
don't forget, java is very very good in NF, but you can't test it before buying. (i think it will work fine, just like with 3.0)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-16 3:07 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

DarkShadow - 2005-11-16 7:44 PM

Thanks Cmonex! good news !

I installed it and I have 2 problems, 1- the font problem as you reported it.. can't use the default font of the website. and 2- can't make the bookmark work, am I doing something wrong? are you able to make it work?

don't forget i could never have managed it without rgisondi!! anyway, np.

font problem: i'm looking into that...
bookmark problem: i cant get it to work myself
 Top of the page
Rocketman Page Icon Posted 2005-11-16 5:03 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I too have been unable to get bookmarks to work. Perhaps someone could wip up an external bookmark manager that would launch your browser? You could keep all your bookmarks organized in a single program and have buttons to choose which browser to launch.

Also, I really like the fullscreen browsing mode, but don't know how toggle back to normal viewing mode, short of exiting the program.

What is the font problem?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-16 6:11 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

full screen mode: in theory, you can do tap+hold and then the context menu comes up (this is much better than in 3.0 IMO), and you can select normal screen mode. problem is it will not work.. you can bring up the menu and select the normal mode but then the whole program screws up.. you meant this?
i found though that you can hide the toolbars, and then that's like full screen mode and what's more it actually works

bookmarks.. well i just use the autocomplete feature for now, but it can't be too hard to setup a bookmark thingie, maybe you could make lnk files that contain the url and an extra parameter that refers to netfront.exe... or something

the font problem: did you find out how to force netfront to show the original font type on the webpages?
 Top of the page
alfabob
alfabob Page Icon Posted 2005-11-18 12:04 PM
#
cmonex,

The zip file you linked seems to be broken. I've not been able to install anything mate.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-18 5:11 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

can you describe the exact problem? have you been able to download the file (do not do right click, that won't download the file... click on the link directly)?
do not forget to download the demo cab installer from access.co.jp for netfront 3.3 and install it, before installing my files into the netfront33 folder (or wherever you install netfront).
if it is something else, you should tell me more about the problem, otherwise no one will be able to help you.
 Top of the page
alfabob
alfabob Page Icon Posted 2005-11-18 9:16 PM
#
Everytime I try unzipping the file, an error message comes up saying that the file is either corrupted or broken..
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-18 9:39 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

try switching off your firewall when downloading the file. anyway i've put it on a different server now: http://csakugy2.atw.hu/NF33_j72x.zip
anyway don't worry, it's not my zip that's broken, as others successfully downloaded it. so it's worth another try
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-11-19 1:40 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Ok then, this seems pretty darned good. Since I got my 720 I haven't had any time to fiddle with it. This will be my first project.

Has anyone tried this on a SL4? I've been meaning to put NF3 on, but why bother? If 3.3 works I'll just adopt it.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-19 3:12 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

if your SL4 has hpc2000 it should work without any modification regarding ce.net, again probably no extra hexedit needed, at least 3.0 doesn't need it.
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 9