x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

netfront 3.3 on J720

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-22 10:01 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

glad to hear you got it to work i didn't try java with 3.3, did try with 3.0 and it worked wonderfully.
 Top of the page
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2006-06-23 2:01 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I just found this information on PPCSG: there is a $10 discount on the final version of Netfront 3.3:
http://www.ppcsg.com/index.php?s=42ac6cf619c73875cb7e52ad706786ae&s...

I still don't know if I will buy it: Netfront 3.3 Trial is not compatible with some secure sites. I really need a suitable browser for internet banking, but Netfront 3.3 is not compatible with my bank...The only real advantage of Netfront 3.3 might be the flash plugin... BTW, I uninstalled the modified PPC flash plugin, because it did not perform very well on my Jornada ( black screens, flash links not working).
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-23 8:34 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

Geared2003: sorry if this is a dumb queszion but did you try changing the user agent for netfront? some bank sites won't allow access to anything other than recent versions of IE, and maybe opera and FF. my bank is like that.

oh and you can't be serious about NF 3.3 having only one real advantage (flash) over IE4. just try to live without NF (3.0, for me, currently... maybe i'll get 3.3 too ) on your j720, and you'll see what i mean!!
(hint: IE4 can't access some pages that netfront can.)
 Top of the page
rgisondi Page Icon Posted 2006-06-23 10:32 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I have tried java of NF 3.3 but unfortunately it does not work.

I have done the basic hacks changing the OS version of the plug in d.ll, but this does not help too.
 Top of the page
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2006-06-23 10:52 AM
#
H/PC Elite

cmonex - 2006-06-22 2:34 PM

Geared2003: sorry if this is a dumb queszion but did you try changing the user agent for netfront? some bank sites won't allow access to anything other than recent versions of IE, and maybe opera and FF. my bank is like that.

oh and you can't be serious about NF 3.3 having only one real advantage (flash) over IE4. just try to live without NF (3.0, for me, currently... maybe i'll get 3.3 too ) on your j720, and you'll see what i mean!!
(hint: IE4 can't access some pages that netfront can.)

Sure, I did change the user agent version on Netfront. My bank site uses some complicated scripts: I can access the site, but I get a blank page with Netfront...

IE 4 is not so bad: I find it much faster than Netfront 3.0 on my J7xx. My only real trouble is my bank site, that's why I'd like to be able to run Opera on my HPC...
 Top of the page
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2006-06-23 10:58 AM
#
H/PC Elite

rgisondi - 2006-06-22 4:32 PM

I have tried java of NF 3.3 but unfortunately it does not work.

I have done the basic hacks changing the OS version of the plug in d.ll, but this does not help too.

So, you bought the final version of NF 3.3 ? besides the Java problem, how does it perform ? What about the flash plugin ?

Tip for Java: if you have an older version of Netfront (3.0), try to overwrite the 3.3 java plugin with the older one. Maybe it helps... BTW, Java used to be very popular a few years ago, but I noticed that the number of sites using Java has decreased dramatically, so the lack of Java is not a real problem in my opinion...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-23 11:06 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

Geared2003 - 2006-06-23 4:52 PM
Sure, I did change the user agent version on Netfront. My bank site uses some complicated scripts: I can access the site, but I get a blank page with Netfront...

IE 4 is not so bad: I find it much faster than Netfront 3.0 on my J7xx. My only real trouble is my bank site, that's why I'd like to be able to run Opera on my HPC...

did the bank page work with IE 5.5 on the sig3? just curious..

IE4 is not so bad? heh, no, it isn't bad, surprisingly good for its age but i can't even access a certain kind of hotspot (service provider is called wiera) with it. they aren't free but used to for a while (giving away free logins) and that was great, they're there in every mcdonalds in hungary. i could not access the wiera login page over SSL with IE4. i could do it with NF3.
this is just one example why i feel naked without NF on a hpc2000..... i usually use IE4, but it is great that i don't have to worry about incompatibilities. NF usually handles it when IE4 can't.
however with ce.net, i never really use NF
as for speed, without pics netfront 3.0 (didn't use 3.3 much so dunno for sure) is much faster on some pages i visit. with pics, sometimes IE wins. maybe the ram amount helps (j728)? i can easily open the max number of tabs (5).
 Top of the page
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2006-06-23 11:31 AM
#
H/PC Elite

cmonex - 2006-06-22 5:06 PM

did the bank page work with IE 5.5 on the sig3? just curious..

Yes, the bank page works very well on the Sig3 with IE 5.5. That's why I tried to run IE 5.5 (platform builder ) on my J7xx, but it didn't work: however, some IE 5.5 dlls seem to be compatible with IE 4...
I still think that it is possible to make a working IE 5.5 version for the Jornada, but i don't have enough knowledge for that...

And yes, I think that the memory issue is the real problem with Netfront; I'd like to find a 728 ROM/RAM module for my Jornada, but it is rare and expensive...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-23 11:38 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

well yes the IE 5.5 can start. the real question is will it load pages? (ws2.dll)

jax184 had some 728 rom modules just recently.. he may get more soon.. ask him.
 Top of the page
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2006-06-23 12:02 PM
#
H/PC Elite

cmonex - 2006-06-22 5:38 PM

well yes the IE 5.5 can start. the real question is will it load pages? (ws2.dll)

That may be surprising but ws2.dll is not needed for IE 5.5... That's why I think there is certainly a way to make it run on HPC2000 devices...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-23 1:19 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

humm then only IE6 needs it.. at least the one i built... and it wasn't even compatible with the sig3, its ws2.dll... so... these are very good news!

and as i said it has been made to run on hpc2000. it was a few years ago..... they didn't get as far as loading a page though
 Top of the page
rgisondi
rgisondi Page Icon Posted 2006-06-23 7:02 PM
#
The registered versiom works a little faster then the trial one.

The falsh plugin works good offline, but when surfing with NF3 I stilla have problem with flash contents.

Java works very well. I have replaced coredll.dll in the cvmi.dll in coredl2.dlll
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-23 7:10 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ok and which coredll.dll do you use as coredl2.dll?

edit: nevermind if it is one of the coredlls on my site.. i'll just use dependencywalker to find out still it would be nice if you could give a better description for those who don't have a dependencywalker software
 Top of the page
boriqueno
boriqueno Page Icon Posted 2006-07-28 4:40 PM
#
Could some summarize in one message all needed to get this working on the Jornada 720? I'm not to experience on the J720.

Thanks
b
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-07-28 5:54 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

just download it from my site, before buying the commercial version. set the time back, as it is an expired demo. if you like it and want to buy it, i will help you modify the commercial version you buy, step by step.
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 10