x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

netfront 3.3 on J720

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »
btrimmer Page Icon Posted 2006-09-17 3:02 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Hi,

Well I decided to buy NF 3.3 for my Viewpad 100 last night. So far it works quite well, except for it being a bit slow at times. (I don't think NetFront was intended to be rendering pages at 800x600...) I did have to hexedit a couple files in the cvm sub-directory (may have the name wrong - will check later) in order to get Java working. Had to change the OS version to 3.0 from 4.20 was all. Will report more once I have more time to fiddle.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-09-17 9:16 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

btrimmer - 2006-09-17 9:02 PM

I did have to hexedit a couple files in the cvm sub-directory

now this is why others are struggling to make things work, such obscure descriptions help no one.

why couple of files anyway, not just coredll?
 Top of the page
Olavius
Olavius Page Icon Posted 2006-09-19 3:30 AM
#
What version of java is included with the full version of NF 3.3?

Is it 1.2 or 1.1 only?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-09-19 3:52 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

it is better than 1.1, but i don't know the exact specifications on it
 Top of the page
btrimmer Page Icon Posted 2006-09-19 5:41 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

cmonex - 2006-09-17 9:16 PM

now this is why others are struggling to make things work, such obscure descriptions help no one.

why couple of files anyway, not just coredll?

Well, I didn't have the device in front of me to check at the time. Now, I do. The two files I needed to hexedit to get Java running were the only two files in the cdc\bin subdirectory (cvm.exe and cvmi.dll). I needed to change the OS version from 4.2 to 3.0, and it looks like I changed the COREDLL library call to COREDL2. (Which is odd, since the main browser application wouldn't even run with COREDL2, but seems OK with COREDLL... ) Did this in both files.

EDIT: Stupid typos.

Edited by btrimmer 2006-09-19 5:46 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-09-19 7:11 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

btrimmer - 2006-09-19 11:41 AM

Well, I didn't have the device in front of me to check at the time. Now, I do. The two files I needed to hexedit to get Java running were the only two files in the cdc\bin subdirectory (cvm.exe and cvmi.dll). I needed to change the OS version from 4.2 to 3.0, and it looks like I changed the COREDLL library call to COREDL2. (Which is odd, since the main browser application wouldn't even run with COREDL2, but seems OK with COREDLL... ) Did this in both files.

EDIT: Stupid typos.

ok, thanks for the clear explanation.

which coredl2.dll did you use?

i'm guessing a cenet one, so that's why the main exe would not run with it. the java thing just happens to work with it (usually cenet coredll's won't work on hpc2000.. nice exception, this one)
 Top of the page
btrimmer Page Icon Posted 2006-09-19 8:02 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

cmonex - 2006-09-19 7:11 AM

ok, thanks for the clear explanation.

which coredl2.dll did you use?

i'm guessing a cenet one, so that's why the main exe would not run with it. the java thing just happens to work with it (usually cenet coredll's won't work on hpc2000.. nice exception, this one)

It's the one you have in the archive with all the CE.NET SIP files. (I use the large keyboard SIP on my Viewpad - very useful to have BTW.) It is 521.0K (533,504 bytes) in size. Netfront proper and most other HPC2000 apps don't like it, but cvm does and so does the large keyboard SIP.

EDIT: Oh, and I should point out that while it functions, it's not exactly 100% right either. Many java apps come out too small to use or have parts of the Java window clipped. Like the buttons for the calculator app on the JVLite2 demo page (included with Netfront 3.3) are about 4 pixels high. I may just set up Jeode as my JVM and configure Netfront to use it as an external application, but that will take some fiddling I am sure...

Edited by btrimmer 2006-09-19 8:05 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-09-20 9:25 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

ok, then that is a ce.net 4.1 coredll.

try to use winwatch to fix those small windows. this small window problem sounds like the ce.net 4.2 SIP problem... but this is a 4.1 coredll dll... strange...
 Top of the page
Desertway Page Icon Posted 2006-09-22 12:41 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Is the NetFront version on Cmonex' site "independant", or does it need to be installed on top of the official install? I installed it on my 720 and, while the webpage loaded, I had no tool bars and no menus - just lots white space on the top and on the bottom. Thanks.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-09-23 1:38 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

you need to install the cab then overwrite the files
 Top of the page
Desertway Page Icon Posted 2006-09-23 2:49 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Perfect. Thanks.
 Top of the page
Olavius Page Icon Posted 2006-09-24 5:30 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Geared2003: I am very pleased to learn that you can access you internet bank page with the Sig3 running IE 5.5 - does this mean that the IE 5.5 has some sort of built in Java support - or do you run an additional JVM (Jeode or CreME) on top of your standard IE 5.5 installation?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-09-24 5:46 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

maybe that internet bank page doesn't use java. sig3 has the plain vanilla IE 5.5 which doesn't have java. but does have very good javascript support.

i could not get jeode to integrate into IE 5.5 but i'll try later again (i could get it to work with IE6). did not try creme.
 Top of the page
tundrwd Page Icon Posted 2006-09-29 8:02 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

cmonex - 2006-09-04 11:59 PM

well

first get the dll files from the hacked demo from my site.. aygshell, cellcore, doclist, mfcce301, olece301.

install cab, put the dlls into installed netfront's dir.

get execheck from my site, put it in RAM on your jornada, open netfront.exe in it, press rewrite dll name button, rewrite mfcce300 to mfcce301 and olece300 to 301 too.

that should work, hope i didn't forget anything.. (it was more difficult before the right cellcore came out)

if you need java (not javascript) too let me know

cmonex - does this method work with the registered version as well?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-09-29 8:35 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yes it does

btw no olece301 on my site, must have been tired when i wrote that. just olece300 in the hexedited folder in arm.zip and that's it. you must use the 7k cellcore, not 7.5k or anything
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 12