x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

BSQUARE POWER HANDHELD PASSWORD HELP!!URGENT

« Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next »
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-03-15 5:27 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

someone could check if U+C does something?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-03-15 8:15 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

if someone wants to try

take some small txt file, name it as BOOT.BIN

place it in SD card root

reset bsquare using R+B and see if it recognizes BOOT.BIN

it shouldn't be flashing it in because it'll be in an invalid format, so no risk.

i can't try yet, still don't have bsquare with me
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-03-15 10:49 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

more info... bootloader slowly giving up its secrets

there are 7 (not 6) key combinations that it can recognize.

and additionally at least three more options.

-- first the keypresses:

B+C = we know it does hard reset (checks twice, so keep that pressed long enough to be sure)

R+O = looks for NKGZ.GZ, if not found then for NK.BIN on SD and flashes it. formatted as MS BIN. i assume that only flashes an OS image but make sure ram addresses are correct. i'm not sure if a large BIN (over 32mb) will fit in the OS partition in the flash, but GZ would still fit in that case.

R+S = looks for DOCSPL.NB0 on SD and flashes it - do not try this option!!!! it flashes an unformatted raw NB0, the primary bootloader image (commonly called IPL, bsquare calls it DOCSPL). will probably brick device if you try that with a random file.
note the main bootloader image is SABOOT just like on 900c i didn't find mention of it as a plain image though, maybe it can be contained in BOOT.BIN

R+B = looks for BOOT.BIN on SD and flashes it. formatted as MS BIN, probably can contain bootloader or OS too, ram addresses in header will determine where to flash it, bootloader and/or OS partitions.
or maybe i'm wrong and it flashes SABOOT?

these three R+x will soft or hard reset if they don't find anything

G+K = flash image in a strange way: updates "RAMBootloader" using "KnownGoodBootloader"... it seems to be read from DOC (DOC is the flash chip on the bsquare phh). will soft or hard reset if image is not found. no idea on image name right now

U+D = usb download, downloads, flashes and optionally runs image from platform builder (image name is defined in platform builder when you select it from OS build dir). i don't know how to get platform builder 4.x to see it, maybe needs a proprietary driver, or need to try platform builder 5.0 (supports usb by default)

U+C? = something to do with usb download... not sure yet and could please someone confirm it is U+C

-- the three extra flags i don't know yet how to specify but,

one of them looks for BOOTFL.BIN - no idea yet what it contains, or what FL means, it loads the image from SD. also loads and flashes an image to static ram address (and its corresponding flash address) 0x96400000? (all i know is, OS should be from 0x94200000)

another looks for NKFL.BIN - no idea yet what it contains, or what FL means, again it would load the image from SD. but says it is not implemented..lol.

and the last one, seems it can load a plain RAM OS (named NK.BIN) off SD card this one is the only one that doesn't do any flashing... i like that most by far!! if we can figure out how the hell to get this option set, then you can use the OS dumped from ram and converted to MS BIN then load it to RAM only, without any risks.

-- this RAM OS option would easily get through the password too, can be used to test custom roms, etc... and the OS is already loaded to RAM in the same memory consuming way anyway by default by the bsquare phh.

flashing is a bit risky for now, as i don't know yet how to zip it up, unless you want to flash a smaller less fully featured image... it is obvious the current fully featured big OS image is stored compressed in flash (or it wouldn't fit on the 32MB chip).
actually i know they use gzip but it's still risky until it's confirmed it works and of course it needs the same raw zlib the netbook pro etc devices use too. standard GZ will not work.

-- finally, there are two terminal access options, both are useless unless someone can disassemble cradle or the device and find the right ports:
one is over debug port - looks like serial port, or some proprietary debug port, the latter is more likely, as the 900c has this debug port too (just not used so much as on bsquare phh). this one simply sends lots of debug info during boot etc. (and maybe allows you to send options over, didn't see anything like that yet though.)
the other is over ethernet debug board - allows access to a neat menu with many interesting options

L - Run the S-Record Loader, whatever that may mean
E - Completely erases all of system Flash returns to prompt when complete
C, source, destination, length - Copy memory (RAM or Flash)
D[B, W, D, default D] - Display data from starting address
S[B, W, D, default D] - Sets data at starting address
G, address - Starts execution from the address
M[M, U, R, W] - Mount/Unmount or Read/Write Disk data to/from RAM
T - Run the self-test
I - Identify. Prints the device identification information
V, start, length - Verify checksum of specified memory region
Z, start, length - Zero memory region.
also can program "debug ethernet card" MAC address or program "product ethernet card MAC address"

this last one makes me wonder, can we get a product ethernet card and access this neat stuff. to enter this terminal you simply run U+D to start and fail usb download.

as a sum up we should get the RAM OS load option working. i have an OS image dumped from the bsq's memory that would work as a RAM OS very easily after an easy conversion. and of course load a modified OS that doesn't care about password.

Edited by cmonex 2008-03-15 11:44 PM
 Top of the page
perazz Page Icon Posted 2008-03-16 3:56 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

What a great piece of work! I'm really impressed!

I've tried the U+C combination with my phh fit into the cradle: it appears that the ActiveSync USB connection starts, because I can hear from the device the sound of a new USB connection; then, on my pc a window appears stating that my device is password-protected and there's a form to fill in with the password.

So, maybe U+C stands for USB Connection?

This doesn't happen when C+B-rebooting

Update: I've tried also R+B rebooting with a dummy BOOT.BIN textfile in the SD card root; apparently, nothing happens but a common hard reset!

Update 2: Also, isn't there a OS flashing app in the \windows folder?

Edited by perazz 2008-03-16 4:05 AM
 Top of the page
scops Page Icon Posted 2008-03-16 7:11 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

really nice i hope it is possible to build customized roms soon ))) thanks a lot for the work
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-03-16 2:21 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

perazz - 2008-03-16 9:56 AM

What a great piece of work! I'm really impressed!

I've tried the U+C combination with my phh fit into the cradle: it appears that the ActiveSync USB connection starts, because I can hear from the device the sound of a new USB connection; then, on my pc a window appears stating that my device is password-protected and there's a form to fill in with the password.

So, maybe U+C stands for USB Connection?

This doesn't happen when C+B-rebooting

Update: I've tried also R+B rebooting with a dummy BOOT.BIN textfile in the SD card root; apparently, nothing happens but a common hard reset!

Update 2: Also, isn't there a OS flashing app in the \windows folder?

hmmm... and the device is still in boot screen when AS starts ?! after that what happens, if you leave it like that? does it ever boot to wince or you need to explicitly reset it?

as for R+B, does it not show anything on the display? others here stated they see some filename appearing shortly, which it seems should be "BOOT.BIN", based on disassembly.

p.s.: glad you are impressed but i think it'll be really good only when we get the RAM OS working, i can't see yet how.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-03-16 2:24 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

scops - 2008-03-16 1:11 PM

really nice i hope it is possible to build customized roms soon ))) thanks a lot for the work

IIRC your bsquare did not respond to the keypresses in the past... can you try the listed combinations and tell me?
 Top of the page
perazz Page Icon Posted 2008-03-16 4:04 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

cmonex - 2008-03-16 8:21 PM

hmmm... and the device is still in boot screen when AS starts ?! after that what happens, if you leave it like that? does it ever boot to wince or you need to explicitly reset it?

No, it's after boot screen: when the password request screen appears, I can hear in the background the sound of Windows CE starting and then that of the USB connection. And yet on my PC the password msgbox appears.

as for R+B, does it not show anything on the display? others here stated they see some filename appearing shortly, which it seems should be "BOOT.BIN", based on disassembly.

No, I've tried a few times but I cannot see anything different from common hard reset
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-03-16 7:56 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i don't care what happens after boot screen, that's windows ce, not the bootloader anymore.

i'm home tomorrow and can try a few ideas i have, on my bsquare phh
 Top of the page
scops Page Icon Posted 2008-03-17 7:13 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Maybe i have done some mistakes in the past. the Keycombos seems to be working. (i tryed a few weeks ago.)
 Top of the page
mych Page Icon Posted 2008-03-17 7:57 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

maybe we could crack the pc ActiveSync software. let it passby the password step. so we could get into phh file system,and......do sth.
 Top of the page
danielehk
danielehk Page Icon Posted 2008-03-18 11:13 AM
#
Hi, I have bought a PHH from ebay....have a system password.....I have tried to contact bsquare support......but NO PASSSWORD sent.

Please help!
 Top of the page
mych Page Icon Posted 2008-03-18 8:47 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

the bsquare supporter couldnot help us ........ them stop support for bsquare from 2004 year ago. so........sadly.....
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-03-18 11:23 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

OK got home, got my bsquare devices, can work on this..

R+B for me does not see 2GB topram SD card, does not see 1GB adata SD card, meaning it just hard resets without mentioning anything. can see 16MB MMC, 512MB topram SD, but gets stuck at External Device Updater (not even saying updating flash), 256MB lexar card gets stuck at Updating flash part.

not very efficient SD handling apparently.. sigh

well, it sees an 512MB kingston *properly*. !!

what kind of SD card did you use, anrus?

edit: it is possible you must have it formatted FAT16, this kingston is fat16. please experiment with your cards if you can.
but i think it is still picky about the cards themselves, the lexar 256mb gets stuck at Updating flash for both fat16 and fat32.

Edited by cmonex 2008-03-18 11:40 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-03-19 12:50 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

what happens if you try to soft reset with this GWES.exe - sorry i don't know if you are able to copy it to \windows using only the touch screen, but let's hope. you should use totalcommander instead of explorer.

this is from another device, curious what happens.

http://hpcmonex.net/gwes.exe
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 11