x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

How to disassemble a LG H-220 C16 Phenom Express?

1 2 3 4
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2006-01-16 12:59 AM
#
H/PC Elite

http://www.pocketpccity.com/boards/LG/messages/3231.html

The above link states:

"The Phenom H-220C battery pack consists of 3 Lithium-Ion batteries Ref IMR-18650C manufactured by E-One Moli Energy (Canada) Ltd. The batteries have terminal tags affixed to each end.

The battery pack is a bespoke assembly with the pack control circuitry PCB being an integral part of the battery pack. Simple skills involving the use of a soldering iron will enable the demounting of the batteries.

In my case there is nothing wrong with the batteries. themselves - there is a fault on the control circuitry board.

For battery specification sheet go to www.molienergy.com or www.e-one.com.tw "

S/F,
CEYA!
 Top of the page
AndiF
AndiF Page Icon Posted 2006-01-16 8:51 AM
#
Disassembly of the LiOn battery pack is no problem at all!
All you need is a little screwdriver and a soldering iron with a hammerhead.
Unfortunately up to now there is no hint on the rechargeable backup battery

Andreas

Edited by AndiF 2006-01-16 8:54 AM
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2006-01-16 12:31 PM
#
H/PC Elite

The backup battery in the LG Electronics Phenom series is embedded and is not user accessible. Under normal circumstances there is to reason to access it, but it was still an "oops" design since there is always someone (such as myself) who can get into the situation where you'd want to.

(http://www.pocketpcmag.com/forum//topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5433)

The above was written at the link at pocketpcmag forums.

S/F,
CEYA!

P.S. I am still working on it.

Edited by Ceya 2006-01-16 12:33 PM
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2006-01-16 12:48 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Three years ago, I bought an LG (Goldstar) Phenom Express handheld computer. Wonderful little machine: small, lightweight, readable screen, built-in modem. The software was from Microsoft (Windows CE version 2.0) so of course that sucked, but all in all, a pretty good machine, especially for its day.

One problem, though: the proprietary lithium-ion battery. Unlike other machines which went though alkaline AAs with a vengeance, this machine had a lithium battery which gave it fairly good life away from a power line.

That is, until the lithium battery died. And LG decided to discontinue making replacement parts, including the battery. And no other battery worked (I think that the word "proprietary" is Latin for "has you by the balls".

Even worse, the backup battery was soldered to the motherboard and inaccessible (who was asleep at the wheel on that one?), so that if the machine was disconnected from the wall power source for but a moment, all saved information was lost forever.

In other words, my machine had become a doorstop.So I called LG, expecting to be told "Them's the breaks." I expected them to get a good laugh at my expense: what, you mean you want a computer to last more than a month? Are you nuts?

And then they surprised me: they offered to buy it back.

That's right: they said "send it back, and we'll give you a fair amount of what you paid for it, because we messed up on that one." Fortunately, I was sitting down when they said it to me. Imagine that: large multinational doing the right thing, making a customer whole.

And from a strategic perspective, Goldstar isn't just doing right by me, they're doing right by themselves, too. They don't make a Windows CE handheld any more, which is too bad. But they make refrigerators, toasters, televisions ... you get the idea. And guess which brand I'm gonna look at first.

Computer hardware has become a commodity business. There's little difference between HP and Compaq and Dell and Mom-and-pop, at least for desktop PCs (Apple being the notable exception). Until you need service and support. Ultimately, it will be a manufacturer's ability (and willingness!) to stand behind the product they sell which will determine their survival. Take note.

(http://investmenttool.com/issues/20020204/technologyjournal.shtml)

Quote froma post at the link above.

S/F,
CEYA!

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-16 1:08 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

AndiF, i might soon be able to let you know as to when i'll be able to get you the instructions on the replacement procedure of the backup battery. if i could decide it all myself, the phenom would already be in my hands (well, if it would fit there! ) along with that precious manual...
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2006-01-16 1:37 PM
#
H/PC Elite

if needing a 220c manual ,I should have it . I sold my second 220c in 2002 and the guy didn't want the manuals and I should have all cds too.

I think i will be putting alot of extra stuff I don't need for sale.

S/F,
CEYA!
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2006-01-16 2:03 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I found the LG Phenom 220 handheld Companion manual. It is for Pocket Office, Outlook, Voice recording,Connecting to internet Trouble shooting and keyboard short cuts which work on most WINCE computers. I need to go to storage for the rest.

S/F,
CEYA!

thanks for deleting double posts. my computer is sucking (laptop)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-16 6:35 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i meant the disassembly manual must be some sort of service manual or i don't know. phenom seller has it (and i should get it with the phenom).

btw, Ceya, did you get my last email? hope so

Edited by cmonex 2006-01-16 6:38 PM
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2006-01-17 12:26 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I understood what type of manual you was talking about.

I was just looking just in case somebody needed manuals and accessories( I should have the serial cable for both 120 and 220) that I have no use for now.

I have recieve mail from you but resend the last to make sure it was part of the ones I have read.

S/F,
CEYA!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-17 7:10 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

ive re-sent the email
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-02 4:11 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

does anyone still need the instructions?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-13 8:20 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ok i got the phenom along with the disassembly manual for backup batt changing. i can try and scan it in as it is not a short manual also it has a lot of pics
 Top of the page
AndiF
AndiF Page Icon Posted 2006-02-14 1:23 AM
#
Hi cmonex,

would be great idea!
Still want to change the backup battery.

Andreas
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-14 9:32 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

OK. problem is i dont have a scanner here right now, but i'll try to find one
 Top of the page
maddie
maddie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-29 7:07 PM
#
A very kind guy in the US emailed me adetailed pdf on how to change the backup battery on a Phenom Express - I'm sure he wouldn't mind if I forwarded it to you. My email is maddie.thompson@bigfoot.com if you are interested. I haven't tried following the instructions yet, but they look great! Regards, Maddie
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 9