x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

OKey Keyboard Remapper for HPC2000 Released!!!!

[Frozen]
1 2 3 4 5 6
Frozen
ShadowMaster Page Icon Posted 2006-02-07 10:39 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I finished my key remapper two days ago (was they two?) and I've been doing minor adjustments, fixes and improvements before releasing it. I've been testing it.
It's still on beta stage, so I've called this version "OKey v -0.1 Beta" a.k.a "[Mesozoic] Release"...

I've included three layouts in the package:
Default (Just as it came from factory)
DVORAK (US) A Dvorak Implementation based on J720 layout
Espaniol (actually it's just a setup of combinations for spanish accented characters and symbols)

You can create your own combinations and keyboard layouts. If you succeed on doing one for your language (whatever it is)I would be pleased to include it in a "Language Pack" in which I hope to bundle lot of layouts from users across the world

BTW.. I REALLY need your feedback. As currently stands, OKey may have some bugs.
Comments and suggestions are welcomed too

As all my applications, you can download it from http:\\www.damnsoft.org in the download section...
 Top of the page Quote Reply
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2006-02-08 12:43 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Astounding. that's pretty good news for all of us whose mother tongue is not english. I'll try your app ASAP. Kudos and keep the good work!!.

Saludos desde méxico!!

Update: i dunno if i'm doing something wrong or what. I open okey, load a layout but when i minimize it and/or press any key that takes focus out of okey's window (for example, Win key), the sigmarion locks up completely, requiring a soft reset.

Edited by matrixcore 2006-02-08 1:10 AM
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-02-08 2:48 AM
#
H/PC Elder

matrixcore - 2006-02-07 9:43 PM
that's pretty good news for all of us whose mother tongue is not english.

Well, not all of us

Edited by takwu 2006-02-08 2:49 AM
ShadowMaster Page Icon Posted 2006-02-08 8:05 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

matrixcore - 2006-02-08 12:43 AM

Astounding. that's pretty good news for all of us whose mother tongue is not english. I'll try your app ASAP. Kudos and keep the good work!!.

Saludos desde méxico!!

Update: i dunno if i'm doing something wrong or what. I open okey, load a layout but when i minimize it and/or press any key that takes focus out of okey's window (for example, Win key), the sigmarion locks up completely, requiring a soft reset.

Mmmm, that's weird. At least in the jornada seems OK. Maybe u have another app making use of Keyboard hooks.
What OS does your sigmarion have?
ShadowMaster Page Icon Posted 2006-02-08 9:12 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Too late for editting u_u

[NEWS]
In the jornada I discovered a bug with the on/off button. I've fixed it. Until the next release please disable OKey before powering down your unit.
If you experiment this problem in a device other than the Jornada 720 I suggest you to try the KBHook available at http://www.hpcnec.com/mikes.htm and send me the keyboard events reported by KBHook when you press the off button.
E.g: In the Jornada they are:
> Key_Down 15
> Key_Down 131
> Key_Down 223

And wakes up with:
> Key_Up 223

Edited by ShadowMaster 2006-02-08 9:17 AM
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-08 1:06 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hey must be a great app, i'll try it out asap on a LOT of machines, i promise
ShadowMaster Page Icon Posted 2006-02-08 10:52 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I designed the UI to be viewable on PPC screens.. it actually even runs on PPC devices.... but I had to "shrink" the UI ... It's worth the sacrifice?

>Should I make fully use of the HPC screen size for displaying settings and options and drop the "ppc friendly GUI"?
>Does actually a ppc need a remapper (as far as I've tested keyboard hooks doesn't work with add-on keyboards like iPAQ microkeyboard)?
>Doesn't WM2003 (and newer versions) have native localization support?
>Will coffee kill me someday?

Answers?
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-02-11 9:00 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Moved to News & Editorials

As with Winwatch, once the site is unlocked this will appear on the FP. I would also encourage you (or any developer) to use the News Submission system on the FP when you have new release info so was can get the word out far faster.
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-11 12:55 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ShadowMaster - 2006-02-09 4:52 AM

I designed the UI to be viewable on PPC screens.. it actually even runs on PPC devices.... but I had to "shrink" the UI ... It's worth the sacrifice?

>Should I make fully use of the HPC screen size for displaying settings and options and drop the "ppc friendly GUI"?
>Does actually a ppc need a remapper (as far as I've tested keyboard hooks doesn't work with add-on keyboards like iPAQ microkeyboard)?
>Doesn't WM2003 (and newer versions) have native localization support?
>Will coffee kill me someday?

Answers?

just make a menu with a few tabs, and in 240x240 if you decide to support ppcs too. but maybe it is enough to support hpc's

coffee. i hope not!
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-02-11 1:05 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I know a few people who have had caffine overdodes. It creates a sort of psychosise, followed by something resembling a heart attack and can kill you. So technically yes it can.
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-02-12 4:31 AM
#
H/PC Elder

C:Amie - 2006-02-11 10:05 AM

I know a few people who have had caffine overdodes. It creates a sort of psychosise, followed by something resembling a heart attack and can kill you. So technically yes it can.

It's actually quite serious. I think I just experienced an overdose last week or so. I had a glass of iced "milk tea". You know, tea with cream but iced (it's a Hong Kong thing). Anyway, I bought the tea at food court, and the tea was ultra strong that day.

Then I went to work. I was feeling a bit strange at first - I couldn't work smoothly. My reflexes were a bit "hyped", like I uncontrollably tried to move too quickly, but ended up making errors and then forceably slowed myself down. It was a battle between the mind and the body - but not in the usual way.

I noticed my heart rate was unusually high. It felt like I was running laps all day, but in fact I was sitting at my desk in front of the computer. I had to completely stop doing anything at my desk once or twice. Walked to the washroom slowly, etc. I started worrying about driving home at the end of the day

Thankfully by the time I got off work, I was feeling a bit easier. When I got home I was still hyperactive, but tired at the same time. I cooked a huge meal, and then had a bit of Pepsi - I know, more caffine. But that actually helped me ease off into the night. I think I stayed up till 4am? When I woke up again at 8am, I was finally feeling normal again. I avoided any tea or coke for a couple of days, maybe longer, I forgot.
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-02-12 8:30 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Unless someone laced the tea, or you're lactose intolerent. I doubt that one ice tea did that. The consentration of caffeine in tea is far lower than coffee - 50mg vs 75-120mg for coffee. Tannins are far higher of course.

If you were up until 4am that night, were you up until 4 the night before? Would suggest to me that your body is telling you something. I get like it with staying up late, everything gets out of balance.

Having said all this. At 4am using OKey, you need the caffine hit for your brain to cogitate over where you put that darn @ key
ShadowMaster Page Icon Posted 2006-02-12 8:32 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

lol about coffee

Well, In the meantime (and with reduced doses of coffee) I've been working on OKey.
Now I bring you a Second Beta Release (actually third, but the non-official "second" build was released to beta testers only (i.e cmonex and me).
Given the proximity of Feb. 14th this version 1.0b is also named [BeMyValentine Release]
Changelog:

02/12/2006 v1.0b[BeMyValentine]
-------------------------------

New Features
- Advanced Options Dialog.
- System Tray Menu for status viewing.
- Quick Layout access from systray.

Fixes/Improvements:
- Quit Confirmation
- Power Key setup.

02/11/2006 v0.463b[Paleolithic] (Unreleased)
-------------------------------
New Features:
- *.OK Layout File association.
- Command Line File Loading

Fixes/Improvements:
- Jornada ON/OFF Bug fixed
- More Complete KeyCode tables.
- Improved GUI for HPC screen.
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-02-13 1:21 AM
#
H/PC Elder

C:Amie - 2006-02-12 5:30 AM
. . . you need the caffine hit for your brain to cogitate over where you put that darn @ key

Yeah what's up with that on the UK keyboard. US keyboard @ is easily shift-2.

On the Smartbook UK keyboard, @ is next to the left arrow
ShadowMaster Page Icon Posted 2006-02-19 8:48 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

New release. It should be the first NON-BETA release. (C:Amie will probably hate me... too many updates a week >_<
Anyway, this time I've updated both winwatch and OKey at the same time.

I've also included a small document on creating *.OK layout files and the Winwatch document was updated and included in the default package too.

02/19/2006 v1.337 [Hacker's Choice]
-------------------------------------------------

New Features
- Load on startup setting.
- Mini Layout Creation Tutorial Included.
(Designed to be seen in the handheld)

Fixes/Improvements:
- Last Quick-loaded Layout counts
as "last file"
- Quit Confirmation auto-focus.
- Load layout on running instance
(if any).

Your comments/suggestions/bug reports are useful and fully appreciated!
1 2 3 4 5 6
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 10