x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

OKey Keyboard Remapper for HPC2000 Released!!!!

[Frozen]
1 2 3 4 5 6
Frozen
PocketDVD Page Icon Posted 2006-03-10 9:15 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Yeah, I need the f1-f5 keys to be able to play the MSX emulator (see Metal Gear post in HPC2000 part of the forum)
They control the inventory and the load/save functions.

I dont use the ie/word etc buttons for anything, so it would be nice to be able to remap those. Same for the buttons for media player on the screen.

Thanks
 Top of the page Quote Reply
ShadowMaster Page Icon Posted 2006-03-10 9:59 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Well.... if everything goes well I've fixed the following (untested since I didn't have such a problem but I think already figured out where it was (beta testers needed maybe?))
1.- Alt+Whatever menus shouldn't popup now (never happened to me)
2.- UNICODE should now work on any device (since I'm using NUMPAD keycodes)
and Also...
3.- HWkeys can be mapped (Tested like this: I made a program that shows the About menu when Alt+F1 is pressed.. of course that will only work with devices that have such a key.... then I remapped the Iexporer(HWKEY0) key to be the F1 key (by using the KeySimulation tool in OKey to simulate I was pressing F1 when assigned the key..... then I went to the other app and press Alt+IExplorer and happily the about dialog popped up )
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2006-03-10 10:29 PM
#
H/PC Elder

hey guys, on this OKey mapper thingie, just wonder if anyone know that J720 has a registry key that defines the apps to launch for hardkeys.

under registry \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\Keys there is a series of registry entries 40BD, 40C1 etc corresponding to the hardkeys.

eg,
40C1 refers to the #1 IE hardkey without ALT, CTRL or fn.

The entries are in this format:

40## - plain key
44## - fn + key
48## - ctrl + key
60## - alt + key

I've tried changing the entries to launch my own apps and they work well.

I have not spent time to figure out which ## value refers to the alphanumeric keys. Maybe this info can be useful for the OKey remapper.
ShadowMaster Page Icon Posted 2006-03-10 10:48 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

lol, I made a post about that....
but with Okey you can make (by example) Win+Alt+A to behave as Alt+Calendar without even messing with the registry (in fact, nor even Okey mess with the registry... Okey catches the keys before they are reported to the OS... then process them (find the "mapped equivalent" or if a unicode combination was made) and return to the OS the mapped key and/or produces the unicode char....
The fact is that hardware keys are composed keys... when you press the Calendar Key, the OS reports the press of Win+HWKEY5.... so.. if you map "A" to be HWKEY5... to simulate Alt+Calendar you need to press Alt+Win+A and it works... it'll turn off the screen.....
Another issue is the ESC key.... seems like the only way for the ESC key to be parsed correctly is being passed straight to the OS instead of after processing it... so I may made an exception and do just that with the ESC key only....

[EDIT] Use the KeyHook utility (link somewhere on the 3 page of this topic) for getting the values of alphanumeric keys

[EDIT 2] In order to compile for Wince 2.11 I had to define some missing things and replace a function call .... after that it compiled properly so it'll probably work now on 2.11 devices too

Edited by ShadowMaster 2006-03-10 11:02 PM
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2006-03-11 1:15 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Well yes, I know what you mean. I never thought of this info to replace the Okey remapper. ... as I mentioned to PS in our chat earlier, OKey remapper hooks directly and intercepts processing of the keys, allowing as you mentioned the ability to remap to other key presses etc etc. I just thought that maybe this could be useful info to complement the OKey remapper app.

One way that the registry key thingie can also do key remapping is to have a simple app that sends out virtual keys based on commandline input.

Anyway, in computing, as in life, there is many ways to skin the cat.
Fleet-C Page Icon Posted 2006-03-18 9:50 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello everyone, I recently purchased a Jornada 820 and discovered this wonderfull place, this Okey remapper seems to feet my needs very nicely, unfortunetly, it doesn't work on my jornada

ShadowMaster said that it should work with CE 2.11, but I guess only the Mips version is compiled that way (I'm just guessing...)

I know it's impolite to come to a place and start asking stuff, but am I doing something wrong? Is the arm version compiled (also) with CE 2.11 in mind?
Messer Page Icon Posted 2006-03-19 7:09 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

ShadowMaster said that it should work with CE 2.11, but I guess only the Mips version is compiled that way (I'm just guessing...)

Hello from another newbie here
I've just tried mips version on my Vadem Clio and it does not work (error message pops up indicating that some library is probably missing). I hope that ShadowMaster will find some time to sort it out, and also to provide compiles for SH3 machines (Jornada 6x0)...
ShadowMaster Page Icon Posted 2006-03-26 8:06 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

OKEY!.. Here's another version (sorry for the late update)
There are some fixed that will (hopefully) solve some reported problems with Okey. Check the documentation for those changes and test if they work for you.
A brief description of this release (as taken from my page):
"Be sure to check it out. This update should fix some issues with some programs. I'm aware of other issues related to system functions (like blocking the touchscreen buttons on the right side of the screen and also the Alt+Calendar combination). I won't be able to fix them until I can get another jornada. I had to sold mine
However, I hope u enjoy this release!"

As always, updates are available at http://www.damnsoft.org

[EDIT] This new release was compiled for WinCE 2.11

Edited by ShadowMaster 2006-03-26 8:13 AM
stasheck Page Icon Posted 2006-03-26 4:44 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I'll check both MP790 and 780 ASAP.
artur.heise
artur.heise Page Icon Posted 2006-03-27 3:04 AM
#
When the CE 2.11 Version will be available

Now

03/26/2006 v1.90 [BeforeDawn] 
------------------------------------
New Features:
- New "Never Map ESC" option
(some apps require the keys to be
passed as-is)
- WinCE2.11 binaries (untested though)
- Hardware Keys special treat
(now they can be mapped)

Fixes/Improvements:
- Fixed? UNICODE hold/release
system.
Fleet-C Page Icon Posted 2006-03-27 8:23 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks a lot ShadowMaster, I'll try it after work
stasheck Page Icon Posted 2006-03-27 11:43 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Houston, we've got problem :/

Unfotunately, OKey ceased to work on 790 after upgrade. Loads ok, I can set up my keys, but nothing happens. The same for 780 - and that's not only me, a couple of users form pdaclub.pl have the same problem...
BurnedOut
BurnedOut Page Icon Posted 2006-03-27 12:12 PM
#
Thank you for new version of OKEY, ShadowMaster!!!

I tried to 1.9 version on my sigmarionIII. yeah! It did works! :-)

but I can't following actions...

1. for unicode :
I set up SHIFT + 2 = [@] (on my sigmario3, there is ["], how weired key layout!!! )
and, I remapped SHIFT key on [/] key,
then I tried to remapped SHIFT([/] key) + 2, but ["] is printed. not [@].

2. 1to1 mapping :
There is only one method to remapping keys.
that is, mapping Pressed keys into another Pressed keys on handheld.
How about Pressed keys into SELECTED KEYS in "preset keys list"?
Because there is nothing to type [=]key on sigmarionIII with one key.
ofcourse combination keys can make [=].
so, for example, I can't make [a] into [=] with 1to1 method.

please check, and I really apriciate that U make new version of OKEY. :-)
stasheck Page Icon Posted 2006-03-27 1:53 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Maybe I should be more precise: all of us (peps who tried and it didn't work) use alt+key combo. Maybe that's the point?
BurnedOut
BurnedOut Page Icon Posted 2006-03-27 9:15 PM
#
sorry, removed

Edited by BurnedOut 2006-03-27 9:17 PM
1 2 3 4 5 6
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.214 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 12