x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

OKey Keyboard Remapper for HPC2000 Released!!!!

[Frozen]
1 2 3 4 5 6
Frozen
ShadowMaster Page Icon Posted 2006-03-28 8:53 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

so.... the new version (compiled for HPC2.11) DOESN'T work on MP790... and the older (compiled for HPC2K) DOES work?
 Top of the page Quote Reply
stasheck Page Icon Posted 2006-03-29 5:55 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Kind of - but the new version doesn't work on MP780 either :/ As I said - it loads, you can do everything, it just doesn't do what it's supposed to do. (although maybe I should check keys other than Alt)
Messer Page Icon Posted 2006-03-29 8:46 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

stasheck - 2006-03-28 11:55 AM

(although maybe I should check keys other than Alt)

Same here, on Vadem Clio - application starts just fine, I can configure whatever I want, but otherwise it does not seem to affect keystrokes at all...

I just bought a new toy - Jornada 720, it should come in a couple of days and I'm sure that OKey is going to be first on "to install" list

Edited by Messer 2006-03-29 8:50 AM
ShadowMaster Page Icon Posted 2006-03-29 10:26 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

wait wait wait...
As far as I understand from your feedback, the WinCE2.11 version DOESN'T work on WinCE2.11 devices and DOESN'T work on WinCE2K MIPS devices (MP 790). Is that right? <<NEED_YOUR_ANSWER_ON_THIS

If so, I'll need two separate builds... One for HPC2K devices and another for HPC2.11... right? <<NEED_YOUR_ANSWER_ON_THIS
However, If the current version (that should work on wince2.11) doesn't work on such devices, then I can't promise anything about a WORKING 2.11 version.

You must understand that I don't have every handheld in the market, in fact in this moment I've only a 200lx (I had to sold my J720). the 200lx doesn't have wince so I've NO device to test right now.
I can't buy devices just for making "tests".

If someone is willing to help and have a LOT of spare time (because I can't wait two weeks for a "test" to be made) please contact me asap.
MSN is prefered as IM system since it's the IM software I mostly use (not because it's good... mostly because everyone I know use it :S) <<NEED_YOUR_ANSWER_ON_THIS
stasheck Page Icon Posted 2006-03-29 11:52 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I don't know if it doesn't work with all WinCE2.11 devices - I just know that it doesn't work neither with NEC780 nor with NEC790 (maybe we should ask someone, who owns Jornada 680).

Maybe we won't need two separate builds.

PM sent.
Fleet-C Page Icon Posted 2006-03-29 1:47 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I just tried it on my Jornada 820, application starts fine, I can map the keys I want, but it does not work, if I load the available layouts, the same thing happens.
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2006-05-02 1:15 AM
#
H/PC Elite

i can do some testing, i have hpc2k arm (j720) and hpcpro sh3 (j680) units to test the software. i have msn IM, look into my profile.
Sebastian Bronner
Sebastian Bronner Page Icon Posted 2006-11-03 3:14 PM
#
This board has been unused for several months, I hope that someone will get this message. I was overjoyed to find a free keyboard "layout" tool for the Jornada! I've been wanting to be able to type on it using dvorak for quite a long time. So, it's just been sitting around doing nothing for the past few years. I can't really describe the joy it was to be able to ten-finger-type on it again (last time was before I learned to type in dvorak 2001 or so).

But I also have a suggestion, or request: The problem is that because the hardware-keys (HWKEY0 and so on) are really key-combinations (i.e. WIN+HWKEY0) they cannot be mapped one-to-one. This means they will not open the applications that they are tied to while OKey is running.

But I like them very much, and would like to continue to be able to use them.

I have two proposals:

1 - Is it possible to pass any key-combinations that involve the HWKEYs through in a similar way as the ESC key? There could be a check-box to enable or disable the mapping of the HWKEYs.

2 - If method 1 doesn't work because of some complication (perhaps because the keys send combinations), then could OKey be set to be disabled while a HWKEY is pressed in a similar way as the On/Off button is handled? Then, while OKey is temporarily disabled, WinCE would respond normally to the key press and OKey would re-enable itself upon key release.

Thanks again for your great work, and I hope my suggestions appeal to a wider group as well.

Greetings,
Sebastian Bronner.
ShadowMaster Page Icon Posted 2006-11-04 12:08 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

IBe sure I'll do my best to get that working on a next version
fellipemartins Page Icon Posted 2008-04-19 3:28 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I'd really want to download some version of OKey layout manager since I'm gonna buy a mobile pro 900c, but it doesn't support any portuguese/latin accents (well at least i couldn't understand how to input them into that device)... could you help me please? Thanks very much!
fellipemartins Page Icon Posted 2008-04-19 3:29 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I'd really want to download some version of OKey layout manager since I'm gonna buy a mobile pro 900c, but it doesn't support any portuguese/latin accents (well at least i couldn't understand how to input them into that device)... could you help me please? Thanks very much!
fellipemartins Page Icon Posted 2008-05-14 11:39 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Ok everybody... until I still didn't buy the 900c... and I still want to buy it but this little problem keeps bothering me... does anyone here have a 900c? could somebody test if for me and tell me if this works properly... I just need to know taht for buying my little machine... thanks!
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-05-14 10:14 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

shadowmaster speaks spanish... is portuguese very different?
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2008-05-15 9:37 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Fellipemartins,

The latest OKey seems to work ok on my stock 900C.

I just installed it, and then edited the unicode combination for only 4 of the Portuguese characters, but could have added more. I randomly used two capital "O" special characters and two lower case "e" special characters. I then saved the layout and opened WordPad and gave them a try.

Seems to work fine...here are two screenshots:

p.s. I went back and was able to get all of these characters to work:

õÕóÓôÔúüÜãÃáÁâÂàÀçÇéÉêÊíÍ

Edited by Rich Hawley 2008-05-15 9:42 AM

(editor.JPG)

(wordpad.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments editor.JPG (39KB - 1 downloads)
Attachments wordpad.JPG (31KB - 0 downloads)
otoluk Page Icon Posted 2010-09-18 10:41 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hmm...I get "couldn't install keyboard hook" on anyka CE5.0 altrought no other keyboard mappers are installeed. What is wrong?
1 2 3 4 5 6
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 47 - Executed queries : 35