x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Where to get MS Entertainment Pack 2.0 for HPC's?

1 2
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-04-05 1:42 PM
#
H/PC Elder

A long time ago I remember seeing several Entertainment packs on the clearance table at FutureShop. I wasn't into hpcs so I didn't care. Good luck in your search.

BTW, I agree with you about living in Canada. Getting goods from the US can be troublesome. It's insane paying more for shipping and clearing goods than what they cost.
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-04-05 2:20 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

rbil49 - 2006-04-05 11:41 AM

When you see all that you get with any free GNU/Linux distro, this games pack would be over-priced if they gave you $5 to take it off their hands. :-)

Does this free GNU/Linux distro have Battleship?
 Top of the page
KBoyKool Page Icon Posted 2006-04-05 2:21 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

CE Geek - 2006-04-05 7:57 AM

cmonex - 2006-04-05 4:35 AM

CE Geek, why dont you tell them you'd help unload it for a nominal price :D they should be glad that YOU pay and not they! :rofl:

The thought has crossed my mind. But there's something funny about always seeing that one box in every store. Somehow I hate to break the pattern (if indeed each store has only that one box in stock - I know, there are probably lots more in the back). :p

In what part of the store is it located? I'll have to check my local Fry's and see if your theory holds true. The problem is, the store is so big that I could spend 2 hours there and not find it. However, I'm guessing it is NOT going to be next to the washing machines. ;+)
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-04-05 2:28 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

KBoyKool - 2006-04-05 2:21 PM

CE Geek - 2006-04-05 7:57 AM

cmonex - 2006-04-05 4:35 AM

CE Geek, why dont you tell them you'd help unload it for a nominal price they should be glad that YOU pay and not they!

The thought has crossed my mind. But there's something funny about always seeing that one box in every store. Somehow I hate to break the pattern (if indeed each store has only that one box in stock - I know, there are probably lots more in the back).

In what part of the store is it located? I'll have to check my local Fry's and see if your theory holds true. The problem is, the store is so big that I could spend 2 hours there and not find it. However, I'm guessing it is NOT going to be next to the washing machines. ;+

Kenny - I think it's next to the huge display of Linux software!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-04-05 10:32 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

It's always on the outer fringes of the software section (surprise, surprise). But which part of the outer fringes varies from store to store.
 Top of the page
KBoyKool Page Icon Posted 2006-04-14 8:27 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

CE Geek - 2006-04-05 10:32 PM

It's always on the outer fringes of the software section (surprise, surprise). But which part of the outer fringes varies from store to store. :wacko:

Sure enough, I visited my local Fry's and after a few moments of staring at mislabled shelves, I found it. Was it on the Windows CE shelf? No. Was it on the PocketPC shelf? No. Was it on the Palm O/S shelf? YES. And (drumroll) it was available for the amazing price of $34.95. Bet that shocks CE Geek! LOL More shocking... they had exactly ONE copy. ;+)

Edited by KBoyKool 2006-04-14 8:28 PM
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-04-14 9:05 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I think there were two at Frys when I got one, it did not look dusty though
EDIT: 15 Posts to 1337

Edited by tenjeangosi 2006-04-14 9:06 PM
 Top of the page
KBoyKool Page Icon Posted 2006-04-24 7:07 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I have the high bid on one of these on ebay! Don't even think about outbidding me, though. Get your own! >:+0

Seriously, though, there is another one without a bid as of this posting. Good luck!
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-04-24 7:12 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I am glad I got mine .. I can play the games on both of my H/PCs and my PS/PC...
 Top of the page
Paul Page Icon Posted 2006-06-30 11:59 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

The system requirements for Entertainment Pack 2.0 says you have to have Windows 95 to install it. Is that true? I want to install on a Jornada 720 with ActiveSync.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2006-06-30 12:02 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
No, I installed mine via XP Pro SP2 and AS 3.8. No problem.

Jake
 Top of the page
Paul Page Icon Posted 2006-06-30 12:17 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Great - thanks.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-06-30 4:24 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You will have trouble doingit without ActiveSync as it comes in one of the old InstallShield wrappers, which are excruciatingly difficult to get the cabs out of without actually installing it. They temp using the install shield package cabinets, not the Microsoft cab format, which is why we have the difficulty.
 Top of the page
KBoyKool Page Icon Posted 2006-07-02 3:14 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

An update on Fry's: the last time I was there, I was approached by a sales associate. They had the PocketPC 2002 version and two copies of the HPC/PsPC version. I asked him why the "obsolete" version was $5 higher than the PocketPC version. Of course, he didn't know and even remarked that it probably shouldn't be on the shelves. I didn't make an offer, but it's a moot point now. I have a copy from eBay. :+)
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 10