x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Review: Hyunkeun CE Agenda 1.0.6.5

1 2 3 4
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-01-09 7:26 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

In his first outing here as a reviewer at HPC:Factor, Nick Latito combines his appreciation for the Psion Symbian platform with his love for the Handheld PC to prove that there is still al lot that one platform can learn from the other.

Psion users will proudly tell you how efficient their all-encompassing Personal Information Management (PIM) application 'Agenda' is, next to the distributed Pocket Outlook. But now, thanks to Hyunkeun Cho 'CE Guru' software'CE Guru' software. Windows CE users can experience this for themselves with CE Agenda for the Handheld PC.

See what Nick thought of CE Agenda and have your say here on the forum.

Review: CE Agenda 1.0.6.5
 Top of the page Quote Reply
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-01-12 3:10 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Excellent review. Very interesting product, at a reasonable price.

However I'm still satisfied with Pocket Outlook for now. One thing in the review tho:

The Calendar of HPC2000 does include an Agenda-style view, but is limited when compared to CE Agenda: the Windows CE calendar’s views are purely for viewing only, you cannot add new items, or edit existing items.

Either I misunderstand or it's just not true, at least for my J728. In Calendar, you can add appointment in any views (including Agenda), altho you cannot see details of or edit existing appointments in Month or Year views.

On the other hand, the "HP viewer" that came with the Jornada is indeed "purely for viewing".
chiark Page Icon Posted 2005-01-14 3:30 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

You are indeed right - I was frustrated at the UI of the Agenda view. I would expect double clicking on an empty slot would allow for entry of a new appointment, however to do this you need to use a menu option. To be perfectly honest, I never have tried to use the menu, so I got this wrong.

I will see if I can update the review to provide correct information. Thanks for pointing this out!
Jake Page Icon Posted 2005-01-15 8:26 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Nice job, Nick.

Using both a Mako and J-720, I bought CE Agenda when it first came out, and it's nice to have at least one similar-looking program between the two machines.

The "week display" of CE Agenda is indeed a million times better than Pocket Outlook's.

I remember reading a user's post sometime last year where she said that she jumped from her 5mx to a 720 only because CE Agenda made the transition that much easier.

Thanks for a good article,
Jake
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-01-17 12:28 AM
#
H/PC Elder

In the Agenda view, there's no "empty slot". It's just a list of _existing_ appointments and tasks. You can double tap them to edit them. To add a new appointment, you can use either the first menu item (under File), or the first button in the toolbar, which I use often.

The Calendar's Week view is actually quite versatile too. You can display any consecutive 2 to 7 days, simply by dragging across the mini monthly calendar in the Day view.

I have to agree tho, that Calendar doesn't have a Week Agenda view (there's a single day Agenda view, and a Week schedule view, but not a combination of the two).
Jake Page Icon Posted 2005-01-20 11:44 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
I never knew that you could drag the week-view in Pocket Calendar. Good trick.
Jake

Edited by Jake 2005-01-20 11:46 AM
SFT Page Icon Posted 2005-01-24 4:13 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I am probably missing something, which is my normal state of affairs.
Reading the review (well done, well balanced, and enthusiastic: an excellent combination) I thought "Hmmm. Looks interesting, and anything's got to be better than MS's apps on my Jornada 820."
But going to the developer's site I see there's no version available for h/pc Pro, StrongArm CPU. There are versions for other CPUs.
Am I missing something, or must I continue to try to love Microsoft's implementation of datebook/calendar/etc.?
Eric
Eric Page Icon Posted 2005-04-11 4:35 PM
#
C:Amie - 2005-01-09 7:26 PM

In his first outing here as a reviewer at HPC:Factor, Nick Latito combines his appreciation for the Psion Symbian platform with his love for the Handheld PC to prove that there is still al lot that one platform can learn from the other.

Psion users will proudly tell you how efficient their all-encompassing Personal Information Management (PIM) application 'Agenda' is, next to the distributed Pocket Outlook. But now, thanks to Hyunkeun Cho 'CE Guru' software'CE Guru' software. Windows CE users can experience this for themselves with CE Agenda for the Handheld PC.

See what Nick thought of CE Agenda and have your say here on the forum.

Review: CE Agenda 1.0.6.5
Alex_the_Greek
Alex_the_Greek Page Icon Posted 2005-06-04 6:55 PM
#
There is a strange incompatibility with CE Agenta...

It seems it cannot function if SQ taskbar is launched beforehand. Thus if I am using SQ and want to run CE Agenta, I have to kill SQ first... Otherwise I get an error message saying that CE Agenta cannot log in to Pocket Outlook or something and then the program closes...

This is very annoying , since I find SQ Taskbar extremely useful...

How is it possible one application to prevent another from running?
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-04 7:02 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yes two program can easily interfere with each other. for example the ppc and hpc mfcce300.dlls' case: if a native hpc program calls mfcce then a ppc program which needs mfcce too, cannot be run if it isn't hexedited.

i don't know the source of the problem in this case with SQ and CE Agenda though.
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2005-06-05 10:29 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

SFT - 2005-01-24 4:13 PM

But going to the developer's site I see there's no version available for h/pc Pro, StrongArm CPU. There are versions for other CPUs.
Am I missing something, or must I continue to try to love Microsoft's implementation of datebook/calendar/etc.?

SFT

Not sure what you mean?

I'm using the StrongArm version on my MP 900 & HP 720.....why wouldn't it work on you 820? As long as it's a StrongArm processor I would think it should work.

Edited by Hurricane John 2005-06-05 10:31 AM
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-05 11:51 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

the problem is that the hpc2000 version might not run on a hpc pro device...
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-01-09 12:52 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Oh oh, the link in the review to CEagenda is down for me.
I'll pose the obvious question since development has stopped.

Did the developer freeware it to the world or abandon and erase it?
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-09 1:09 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

strange, i was hunting for MIPS apps some days ago and downloaded ce agenda just fine. maybe a temporary problem with the server? i can send you the mips and arm hpc2000 cabs! (not sure if i have the others too)
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-01-09 1:55 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Thanks Monica, I have all the cabs. I'll admit to using it in trial mode since I got it. I had good intentions to register it but alas, never did. Now with 720s which travel often with me, I really considering registering it to eliminate the nag messages.

I was wondering if the last web release has a universal code for activation or released as abandonware.

Funny thing though, my hpcs are PIM backups. My Tungsten syncs better with Outlook (I get all my fields, syncing with CE leaves out some contact data and I've no idea or time to fix it.) Hotsync makes me happier than AS. Go figure. I'd be howling if I only had AS to sync with, missing fields and all.

So if CEagenda is abandonware then so be it. I hope the developer reconsiders.
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 10