x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Drivers for Nokia D211 card

1 2 3 4
arlex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-16 5:01 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hi everybody! Can somebody please give me a link to download the drivers for the Nokia D211 card (GPRS and wireless LAN card). Are there any compatible drivers already installed in the Jornada 728? My J728 does not recognise automatically the D211 card and gives the message "Enter the name of the driver for this PC card." Thanks in advance for your support.

Edited by arlex 2006-04-16 5:07 PM
 Top of the page
bobbarker
bobbarker Page Icon Posted 2006-04-16 6:01 PM
#
Check the Hardware Compatibility List on this site, if it's a newer card it's unlikely that the card has drivers for HPC or PDAs in general.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-16 6:30 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

the nokia d211 DOES have drivers for the j728, they're in the HCL as bobbarker said
 Top of the page
VaCUm Page Icon Posted 2006-04-16 6:50 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Top of the page
arlex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-17 12:31 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Thank you all, I got the drivers. D211 is on the HPC compatibility list for HPC2000, but no drivers to download as much as I coulld see on that page. They were quite hidden on the Nokia site, before asking in the forum I did a good search, yet for nothing. Thanks again.
 Top of the page
bobbarker
bobbarker Page Icon Posted 2006-04-17 1:48 PM
#
Yeah, Nokia has great info on their site....if you can find it. Best thing to do would be to use google and the "site:nokia.com" feature...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-04-17 2:18 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

arlex,
Go to the HCL and ensure that you are on the http://www.hpcfactor.com/hcl/hpchcl.asp page (you'll have to EULA in).

Look at the Hardware Compatibility List 3.1 image, it shows you where the downloads are.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-17 4:40 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

arlex - 2006-04-17 6:31 AM

Thank you all, I got the drivers. D211 is on the HPC compatibility list for HPC2000, but no drivers to download as much as I coulld see on that page. They were quite hidden on the Nokia site, before asking in the forum I did a good search, yet for nothing. Thanks again.

they are in the HCL list too... thats where i got the drivers for my D211... it isnt too obvious to newbies, so no problem, but i hope you can find them in the future according to C:Amie's description..
if still no joy, just select flat view at the top and you should see the downloads just fine.
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-04-18 3:21 AM
#
Yep, i got my drivers from the HCL before i found a CD wrapped in bubble wrap that came with it. The HCL is a very valuable resource for HPC'ers.
 Top of the page
arlex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-18 2:18 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Thank you all for the helpful advice. I got the drivers first from the Nokia site and then I spoted them also on HCL site. Today I installed the drivers and the Nokia D211 card on the Jornada and with a lot of support from Orange I managed to get the GPRS link. Not yet sucessful with Vodaphone. The fact is that very complicated strings of characters must be filled in certain windows when setting up the GPRS modem. For your understanding Windows xp and the particular GPRS provider the string is at+cgdcont=1,"ip","internet". It is to be noticed that on the notebook with Windows XP the settings are partially different (those strings of characters) than for Jornada.
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-04-18 2:25 PM
#
Assuming the settings match those of the UK, the D211 can connect to both Orange and Vodafone (since i do that almost daily). You need to set your APN, username and password. I'm making a tutorial on how to do this, will be finished hopefully in a few hours.

What are you actually having trouble with, i'll see if i can help...

Edited by chazco 2006-04-18 2:27 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-18 3:10 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

arlex - 2006-04-18 8:18 PM

Thank you all for the helpful advice. I got the drivers first from the Nokia site and then I spoted them also on HCL site. Today I installed the drivers and the Nokia D211 card on the Jornada and with a lot of support from Orange I managed to get the GPRS link. Not yet sucessful with Vodaphone. The fact is that very complicated strings of characters must be filled in certain windows when setting up the GPRS modem. For your understanding Windows xp and the particular GPRS provider the string is at+cgdcont=1,"ip","internet". It is to be noticed that on the notebook with Windows XP the settings are partially different (those strings of characters) than for Jornada.

nope, there should be no need for such strings as the driver talks to the gprs "modem" directly. you just tell it your user info (login and apn name)
 Top of the page
arlex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-18 3:24 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Thanks Chazco, I appreciate your offer for help. I'll take care of the new settings next week, I'm forced to take a break in this respect for a few days. I'm sure you'll get your tutorial done by then. I'll check and confirm its applicabilty for other GPRS providers. Good luck.
 Top of the page
arlex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-18 3:28 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

cmonex - 2006-04-18 10:10 PM

arlex - 2006-04-18 8:18 PM

nope, there should be no need for such strings as the driver talks to the gprs "modem" directly. you just tell it your user info (login and apn name)

Thanks cmonex. Well sometimes the reality proves you different and so it did today for me. I'll see next week with the other settings for Vodaphone.
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-04-18 3:37 PM
#

Some do. Vodafone PAYG does. You need to set some special settings. The D211 allows this. I'm putting it in my tutorial. Its complicated but can be set.
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 10