x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Drivers for Nokia D211 card

1 2 3 4
arlex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-25 4:53 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Now I'm back after a few days away. Many thanks to all who gave me guidance and help. As mentioned before I managed to get GPRS connection to Orange. Vodaphone and wireless link, I will deal with these things over the next week-end. Thanks again, you are all great.
 Top of the page
oflash Page Icon Posted 2006-05-07 5:40 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I'm having issues with the Wifi aspect of the card as well. I've tried reinstalling, and am on the verge of a hard reset. No one wants that. It just wont connect with my switch/modem/AP combo. It thinks the card is in when it's not and won't recognize when it is. Urgh!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-07 7:26 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oflash - 2006-05-07 11:40 PM

I'm having issues with the Wifi aspect of the card as well. I've tried reinstalling, and am on the verge of a hard reset. No one wants that. It just wont connect with my switch/modem/AP combo. It thinks the card is in when it's not and won't recognize when it is. Urgh!

must be a strange combo..
do you have WEP enabled?
if you do, is it an open or shared key system? the d211 might be only capable of doing shared key WEP (not sure atm)

btw, my d211 works fine, wlan and gprs too on the j728 and intermec 6651! so don't give up!!

what device are you using?

edit: oflash, did you get my reply to your PM?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-08 11:45 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

OK, so...

i tried the vodafone SIM in the nokia d211, no joy, it is of course faster than pannongsm (that i'm sure you've never heard of, it's a hungarian gsm provider), but i get no more than 4-5 kbyte/sec.

another thing.
i got the chance to try the d211 in a hpc2000 nec mobilepro 900, and only the wlan part works. as for the gprs part... well, i set it up, it connects to the gsm network, i try then to activate gprs. it thinks for a little while before giving me the message "Disconnected". settings are the same as with the jornada 728 and intermec 6651, and can even send SMS from the 900, but can't get online to do gprs. neither with pannongsm nor with vodafone. go figure.

i even tried setting it up in remote networking, modem as d211 (ok the connection was created automatically by the d211 driver, named "GPRS", but that didn't help either, either with extra dial strings or without or with another dial number (varying the 99 thing), i always got the message modem not answering.

the terminal couldn't connect either, too bad, i would have loved to try and troubleshoot there by using AT commands.

any ideas?

i do know some hungarian user last year was desperate to get this combination to work, d211 & hpc2000 nec 900 and he couldn't... he ended up selling the 900.

before i forget, the driver on a cenet 900c won't even load. can't associate driver dll's (there are three, one for wlan, one for gsm and one for gprs) with the card.
 Top of the page
oflash Page Icon Posted 2006-05-08 1:04 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I had encryption going at first, but that was jut complicating matters. No WEP. No MAC filtering. No shared keys. Just simple stuff. That's not the issue really. It's getting the 728 to recognize the card!

It's fallen into a pattern now:
~Soft reset.
~Insert Card (which is actually a D311 since I'm in the States, but that shouldn't matter a smidge)
~systray icon for the card appears for about five seconds and disappears
~Remove card
~Reinsert card
~No systray icon
~Try to open Nokia manager executable from start menu
~'Card not inserted' error
~Frustration
~Soft reset

It's recognized the WLAN once, but I had the network name entered incorrectly. When I corrected that, I got the usual 'D311 These settings will take effect after a suspend or after the card is reinserted.' or something like that. But it's a lie! Either one of those things leads back to the prior list of actions.

If I manage to tap the systray icon in the five seconds it appears I can get the manager to come up, but it won't save any setting changes…

As an aside, I haven't yet inserted a SIM but it shouldn't matter a lick! Should it? Good Heavens, I hope it's not a hardware problem with the PCMCIA slot (I highly doubt that it is...). Anyone have a J728 backup with a working card and no personal info in it that they could send me?

PS: I did get your PM Monica. Sorry for not responding straight away. It made things so much clearer! Thank you so much! Let me know when the tutorial is complete.
 Top of the page
VaCUm Page Icon Posted 2006-05-08 2:13 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I had the same problem with my D211. After a hard reset it worked great!
 Top of the page
oflash Page Icon Posted 2006-05-08 3:38 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Well that about settles it then. If there is no more wisdom to be had on the topic, a hard reset it is. I admit I didn’t want to because the first Jornada I had was the 680 and that was about five years ago. I’m very rusty in CE. I got my 728 to a point that’s lovely and functional with all sorts of goodie apps and didn’t want to have to reconfigure anything again. But you know what? The experience will do me good I’m sure. Thank you cmonex and VaCUm for the support and advice. Feel free to add anything else, as I won't be doing it till this evening.

Different thread topic???: Any thoughts on getting the cellular radio unlocked to work on T-mobile and not just Cingular?
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-05-08 3:44 PM
#
I didnt know you could get them locked. How about just trying your T-Mobile card just in case. If it is locked it will be very difficult to unlock (need to reflash firmware, if its doable at all, which would be tricky)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-08 4:55 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oflash: the first thing i'd suggest is uninstall the d211, remove all relevant entries from the registry, generally in two places, maybe more:
1) HKLM/comm
2) HKLM/drivers/pcmcia

make sure you delete only the relevant entries (i can check which ones and where)

soft reset, reinstall, insert card immediately when the installer prompts you to do so, select your country and that should be it.
and no you don't need the SIM inserted

glad to hear the PM helped

chazco! what do you think about my problems with the nec 900?
or why don't i have 16 kbyte/s with vodafone
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-05-08 5:12 PM
#

Not certain with the NEC900 (its HPC2000 isnt it?). The 16KB a second may be provider dependant. It would explain why GPRS costs so much in the UK. It may also be due to available cell slots (1 slot = 1 call or GPRS session). The UK has a high-density of phone masts so there are usually a lot of free cell slots, allowing for multiple connections.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-08 5:19 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

chazco - 2006-05-08 11:12 PM

Not certain with the NEC900 (its HPC2000 isnt it?). The 16KB a second may be provider dependant. It would explain why GPRS costs so much in the UK. It may also be due to available cell slots (1 slot = 1 call or GPRS session). The UK has a high-density of phone masts so there are usually a lot of free cell slots, allowing for multiple connections.

yep it is hpc2000.

yeah i guessed our vodafone HU wont do such wonders as 16 kbyte/s for a plain gprs connection now if it were edge... it would... but the d211 doesnt know edge does it?
 Top of the page
oflash Page Icon Posted 2006-05-08 5:48 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Any thought on a good reg editor if I don't want to buy Resco?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-08 6:07 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oflash - 2006-05-08 11:48 PM

Any thought on a good reg editor if I don't want to buy Resco?

PHM regeditor, www.phm.lu

or if you need export/import functions, TRE (Tascal Regeditor)
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-05-09 4:23 AM
#
Is Edge the same as 3G? If it is dont count on it. Its for very short bursts, any sustanined usage and it fails (slower than GPRS).
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-09 9:34 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

nope, edge isn't 3G

3G in europe is called umts. much faster than edge. edge is something like "2.5G"

what is slower than gprs? i don't understand what you referred to.

Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 10