x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Drivers for Nokia D211 card

1 2 3 4
oflash Page Icon Posted 2006-05-09 11:51 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Yeah...so I hard reset and installed the D311 first thing. Same issues again. I'm getting desperate. I'm thinking new thread, short of someone actually saying they've got their 728 to work with the D311. Actually, does anyone have a D311 working at all? C:Amie ?

Edited by oflash 2006-05-09 11:53 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-09 1:37 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh well

ive never seen a d311, but i have experience with the c110 (and c111 in theory), that too uses the d211 driver for wlan, so it shouldn't be a problem..

the driver still doesnt recognize the card? again icon for 5 seconds?

do you have any opportunity to test the pcmcia slot? or maybe the d311 card itself?
 Top of the page
oliverredfox Page Icon Posted 2006-05-13 6:30 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I'm in the United States and have a D311. I've got the card to work halfway in my J720 using the D211 drivers (I don't have Cingular's D311 drivers to try). I can get it to connect to T-Mobile's GPRS network easily (I just had to enter the correct settings). So I'd assume all of the Cingular D311's are unlocked they just need the correct provider info to connect. The problem I have is with WiFi. No matter what happens I can't connect. It doesn't find my access point. But I am happy to have a working GPRS network card, I guess I'll just have to carry a second Wifi Card with me.
 Top of the page
oflash Page Icon Posted 2006-05-22 1:47 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

It's so nice that someone is in the same boat as me. I got the card to respond correctly on the 728 (after installing a Hawking CF-100W that proved the PCMCIA slot was ok) and it recognizes that there is a WiFi connection present. It just won't connect! If I could get this working, this would eliminate the need to carry the T-mobile GPRS card and the Hawking card. The Hawking card runs properly at 1 to 11 Mbps and I have the encryption at 128 bit. It's fast! It's secure! I can totally eliminate WEP and make everything lowest common denominator: the D311 just won't connect to the access point/router. CmoneX, would it be possible to list all relevant settings on your Nokia card? Ad-hoc vs infrastructure and so on...

Oh, and what make/model is your wireless access point?

Edited by oflash 2006-05-22 1:50 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-22 8:29 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

oflash: ok, my settings: infrastructure, sim services off, dhcp enabled, station security & 128 bit shared key.

my wlan router is an xmicro 802.11b one. btw check if you have set the router in B only mode. that could help with connecting the nokia to it.

are you getting a 169.254.xx.xx IP?
 Top of the page
oliverredfox Page Icon Posted 2006-05-23 1:51 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

My router that didn't work is a Dlinlk DI-614+ which does 22mb with other Dlink+ devices. I turned it down to only 11mb mode and still no go. I tried WEP/No wep and every other little setting I could think of. I also tried both DHCP and manually assigning IP info.

Also of note, the D311 doesn't find any Wireless networks, while my ambicom card can find about 6 from my home office.

I haven't had any luck getting the real D311 drivers from Cingular, I'm still using the D211 which seem to work. I'm tempted to buy a D311 off ebay just for the driver disk, incase it is a driver issue.

I also tried the card on my Intermec 6651 (Mips HPC 2000) and it has the same problem as the J720.

Edited by oliverredfox 2006-05-23 2:03 AM
 Top of the page
pippo67
pippo67 Page Icon Posted 2008-08-21 6:08 AM
#
grazie
 Top of the page
div Page Icon Posted 2010-01-05 5:20 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

My D211 working very fine with Gprs with no problem. But wifi not wifi is always searching not connecting to Asus Access Point
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 11