x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

ROM Upgrade Problems Keyboard

[Frozen]
Frozen
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-05-15 12:38 PM
#
Hi,

I put my 690 ROM upgrade into a Dutch refurb model and now some keys on the keyboard have stopped working. Does anyone know any way round this? Or how to find what type of keyboard i need to buy to replace it (localisation code) from eBay?

Thanks..

EDIT: I just took the Jornada apart. The ROM chip has ABA on it, which i believe is US english. I was trying to find this out by software.

Edited by chazco 2006-05-15 12:59 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-15 1:55 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

the hp diag will tell you whether the rom is ABA (US english) or ABB (intl / european english) or anything else.

to the best of my knowledge, those three extra keys will never work with an ABA rom. no one found a workaround yet.. i wish i were able to extract the keyboard drivers from the ROM in a working state. so you will get a US layout with that rom. everything is still there, just not easy access to the accented european chars.

my ABB 727 has the same problem, with a US ABA 728 rom and ram but the ram upgrade was worth it as it is the test machine and the extra ram helps quite a lot and as it is the test machine it doesn't need the hungarian accented chars..

the matching keyboard is ABA in this case (three keys less and most of the jornadas on ebay are ABA), and it will fit just fine on the ABB motherboard i believe.

Edited by cmonex 2006-05-15 1:58 PM
 Top of the page
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.285 - Cached queries : 58 - Executed queries : 9