x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

So near, yet so far . . . .

1 2 3
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-06-05 3:31 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

You know people live such busy lives nowadays, and they skim everything rather than reading it through. (Yes, I'm guilty too.)

I finally downloaded GAPI for HPCs from wincesoft.com and - drum roll, please - I've got both Monopoly and Scrabble working on my 728. (Now I gotta find the Scrabble CD so I can enter the registration code. I think it's buried under a load of useless stuff in my car. ) The other required DLLs: the hexedited MFC/OLE (to override the nonhexedited versions that I have placed in \Windows to make several other apps work), doclist, note_prj, and in the case of Monopoly, a fmodce.dll placed in the folder by the game installer.

A couple of issues remain - one minor, the other major. In Monopoly the intro screen is still scrambled. No effect on the game; purely an aesthetic issue. But I wonder if it can be corrected with one of the other doclist and/or note_prj files (I'm using number 1 of both), or maybe another aygshell in the app folder to override the standard 16.5k one that I have placed in \Windows. With Scrabble, however, there's a bigger problem: the top couple of rows of squares are cut off. (I'm having the same problem in the MIPS version, though of course I still haven't gotten the game to work in MIPS yet.) Since WinWatch will only move the bottom and right-hand borders of the app window, I can't correct this (except possibly with Nyditot), clearly hampering the ability to play this game.

Edited by CE Geek 2006-06-05 3:32 AM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-06-05 6:54 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Yes! I've got Monopoly and Scrabble working in both my 6651 and my 790! Weird combination of DLLs to make it work though: the mfcce301.dll and olece301.dll files from \mips\cemenu from cmonex' ZIP file, renamed back to mfcce300.dll and olece300.dll, plus the same mfcce301.dll copied over again but not renamed, and the 11.5k gx.dll file from that same MIPS ZIP folder. Another note: the problem described above with Scrabble only occurs in the 790 - in the 6651, the whole board is visible. Also on the 790, with this combination (and the cemenu aygshell) the Monopoly interface is again sideways, and the intro screen unscrambled.

Now on to Trivial Pursuit and YAHTZEE. I have learned thus far that this same combination (along with the same doclist version as I have in Monopoly) generates the same result on these MIPS devices as I'm getting thus far on my 728 with GAPI installed: a black screen that doesn't respond to screen taps or keyboard activity. (Fortunately, a soft reset does clear this.)

Edited by CE Geek 2006-06-05 7:01 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-05 7:48 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

i will post more later as im from the bsquare now.. but did you place both mfcce300 and 301 in the same place?

edit. ok now i can sit down and post from the j728
so.... i know why you needed both mfcces. i only hexedited it properly for ARM i should really do that for mips too, as i'm getting more involved with mips hacking anyway
so that should solve your problem. either use an absolutely unmodified mfcce or hexedit it properly (my recommendation) along with the application.
the intermec of course doesnt have screen problems as the resolution is more than sufficient for ppc apps..
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-06-06 7:39 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

FWIW, yes, I did place both MFC files in the app folders of each game.

I think I'm running into a dead end thus far with Trivial Pursuit and YAHTZEE on all three H/PC 2000 H/PCs - unless the new DLLs coming will help. I'm also working on a few side projects on the Pocket PC-to-H/PC 2000 front, with mixed results: S-Tris (another Tetris clone), interface appears on 728 thanx to GAPI, but won't respond to selections; Pencil Box (on the 728), with some aygshells the interface appears nicely (sideways), but won't draw (which DLLs generate screen drawing?), while with some other aygshells an upright screen is generated on which drawing can be done, but there is no interface; Pocket Fritz 2, working fine on the 728 even before GAPI, but can't get it to work on either MIPS H/PC 2000 device (even though I had it working at one point in the past on my 790). (Visual Basic apps are working, BTW, but without functioning menus in MIPS; is there a particular VB runtime file that covers this?)
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-06-07 3:36 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Okay, strike Pocket Fritz 2 from the list. I got it working on both MIPS devices the old fashioned way - by reinstalling them.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-06-23 4:08 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

S-Tris is working too (at least in ARM). I just had to find which keyboard keys had been mapped by the app to make screen selections.

Edited by CE Geek 2006-06-23 4:08 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-06-28 1:47 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Okay, I notice that if I put mfcce301.dll and olece301.dll (from the MIPS cemenu folder) in the Trivial Pursuit and YAHTZEE folders, rename them both to ...300.dll, then copy over mfcce301.dll and olece301.dll to these app folders again, leaving out all other DLLs (including gx.dll, etc), tapping on each app's icon produces an "Unsupported Display Version" error message that says that the display must be 12 or 16 bits per pixel. Any conclusions that I can draw from this?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-28 9:12 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek, can't you just edit the apps to call 301? instead of renaming the dlls to 300. wouldn't it be better...

or you can edit the dlls to call 300.

and in the case of the ARM dlls, you can just use the dlls from the "non hexedited" folder, if you really don't use a driver that needs the hpc mfc and such... (i should make such a folder for mips too)
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-06-29 12:31 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

cmonex - 2006-06-28 6:12 AM

CE Geek, can't you just edit the apps to call 301? instead of renaming the dlls to 300. wouldn't it be better...

or you can edit the dlls to call 300.

No problem, if I knew how to hexedit (and find a good hexediting program). I'm waiting for your tutorial.

Edited by CE Geek 2006-06-29 12:35 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-29 6:57 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

i cant recommend you any hexeditor, as the one i use is no longer available and i dont know the others. google will help you.
after that hexediting is the same as rewriting a word in a doc in your word processor, don't worry.
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 47 - Executed queries : 31