x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

3Com 3C589x Driver for Handheld PC 2.0

[Frozen]
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »
Frozen
ntb777 Page Icon Posted 2006-06-14 11:53 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

FCC IDF63C589D This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC rules
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-07-07 2:23 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Surely there are more people who can grab their card ID's?

It's the only concievable way that we can get to the bottom of this...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-07-07 2:29 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

well give me a laptop with a floppy

hmm, time to try the usb stick!

edit: if this doesn't work with the usb drive, i can mail the cards to you to test them.. then you can send them back later.. or something

Edited by cmonex 2006-07-07 2:29 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-07-08 7:42 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Sounds expensive...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-07-08 2:24 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

expensive? they could travel in a little envelope for cheap but this is the last resort anyway
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-07-08 3:02 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I think it would be easier for you to find any laptop with card slots and a floppy drive and hijack it for 5 minutes with your boot floppy
 Top of the page
Spartan Page Icon Posted 2007-07-02 10:54 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi!

I've recently revived my old Compaq 2130A (c-series, mips) HPC. Battery's been dead for years, so it's been reset.

It contained a 3c589d card, which used to work fine a few years ago after a bit of forum prowling. This time however, I 'm having problems.

I've tried the troubleshooting: the device is factory reset, I've applied the service pack, the NSP, and installed the 3c589-driver. The LED on the connector dongle flashes briefly when the device is powered on. Windows asks for a driver, I enter 3c589m.dll (which exists in the windows folder) and press OK, but the card doesn't turn on or activate - the connection LED stays off.

The card works like a charm in two other laptops.

Anyone got any ideas on how to make the hpc "turn on" the card? I'm stumped, and quite annoyed since I've had it working before :-)
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-07-02 4:54 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Did you install my patch driver or the original 3Com one? Whichever you didn't try, give that a go.

I wasn't aware of a C2130a, any chance of some photo's of the base plate and ID tags? Cheers!
 Top of the page
Spartan Page Icon Posted 2007-07-03 7:19 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Good point. I used yours, but probably used the original 3com driver back in the day. I'll give it a shot, and report back with results and some photos. Cheers
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-07-03 7:39 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

There really shouldn't be any difference what so ever, however that is what you would have used back in the day.
 Top of the page
Spartan Page Icon Posted 2007-07-03 8:06 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

You're probably right. However, the original driver requires the original WinCE-cd, which I just spent the better part of an hour looking through the piles for, without any luck.. I don't suppose you know of any way to trick the installer?

Btw, my short term memory is horrible: it was 2930A, not 2130A as stated In case you're still curious though, here's the photos:

http://carr.no/hpc1.jpg
http://carr.no/hpc2.jpg
http://carr.no/hpc3.jpg
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-07-04 7:27 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Thanks for the photographs! It's a 2015C - if you look in the Asset Viewer, it should confirm its identity as a 2015C.

You should have a folder on the device called CPQ_PocketAsset, if you would be willing, there is a .html file in there with the system spec in it. I would be interested in having a look at it for the Devices & Specifications system.

This is the reason why I created the patch driver, to get around the CD requirement.
 Top of the page
Spartan Page Icon Posted 2007-07-04 8:13 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

2015C? Thanks, that makes googling easier in the future I suppose the different model numbers have to do with localization?
I couldn't find neither a CPQ*-folder or anything named "Asset Viewer" anywhere - where should they be?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-07-05 6:17 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I have never undrstood the crazy model numbering system on the compaq's, there are a lot of sub-varients of the devices, all identified by the ######-### code. So we had a brandng name, a series name and a model number

The 2010# has it, I admit I am assuming the 2015# has it also. What can you find in the way of htm/html files?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-07-05 6:52 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

8xx means 8MB ram
20xx means 20MB ram (the 8 can be upgraded too, i have one here that got it upgraded)
xx1x means it has a modem
xx0x means it has no modem
and the c means colour display (as opposed to 810 for example)
i forget what x0 vs x5 means ??

i have a 800c (german, no modem, it was 8MB originally, but is 20 now), and a 2000c (english, no modem, 20MB). and a 810 (no colour).

btw, my 800c has the NSP installed in rom

Edited by cmonex 2007-07-05 6:54 AM
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 10