x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Intel PRO/Wireless 2011B LAN CF Card on J720 HPC2000

1 2 3
cmdrkeen
cmdrkeen Page Icon Posted 2006-10-25 2:16 AM
#
I looked at the file in a text editor, i.e. notepad, and did see the ids in there. The question that I have now though is even if the file extension was chopped off somehow, why didnt it work when i added it on there? More often than not that works but maybe HPC2000 is a bit more picky, I don't know. I was not accusing you of malicious intent, i was just stating that I got a syntax error, I don't believe that in my post I even mentioned purposeful wrongdoing, I merely implied that perhaps you forgot something. Try not to read more into it than necessary (I tend to do that a lot and nothing good comes from it, hehe).
As far as cnomex is concerned..."she" never mentioned anything about "replacing" the file in ROM, "she" (i use quotes because I am going by your usage) merely kept stating that it would mess up other programs. cnomex sent me a copy of mfcce300.dll which happened to have a different file size than many others that i have found. I don't doubt that "she" didn't make it but I am not ruling out the possibility that "she" may have modified it somehow. Again, not accusing, but the fact remains that the method I used happened to be more productive than the one you presented. I am not trying to claim that I am better than you in any way (this is not the time or the place if I was), I am just reporting my findings and the conclusion that I came to.
This thread will possibly help others that might run into this problem, but for the time being I have worked around it. I have recently purchased an Aironet 350 PCMCIA to use with my J720 (yes I checked the HCL) and the drivers from the Cisco site indicate that they should work without any considerable effort. As for the CF card that I still have, I still plan on using it with the J548 that I am still waiting on. Hopefully using the right platform with the right drivers will yield a longer signal range than I got with the J720.
Depending on how bored I get, I will probably attempt your method once again and let you know how it goes.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-10-25 5:50 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

cmdrkeen, rofl, it is nice that you assume i'm a programmer. i'm flattered.
(though i didn't like the all uppercase "YOUR" )

no, what i meant is you need to rename it to mfcce301, and edit the driver to call that.
anyway, i never sent you a mfcce300.dll, only 301. it itself is hexedited too (it calls itself so need to edit the calls in there too, to 301). use that please, if you don't want to run into problems later. yes i trust my own work, this is why i say you should use my edited file.

(you never said you use 301, you mentioned mfcce300, hence my warning - with really only good intents)

and yes i'm female.

oh and TFGBD (or i, either) doesn't care whose is the best solution, it just is a cleaner solution to use pnpid's, it would be cool if that worked, so if it does work please let us know.
 Top of the page
TFGBD Page Icon Posted 2006-10-25 5:52 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Ok, sorry then. That sentence was odd. Sorry. No hard feelings. It was mostly my fault for not explaining the MFC methods very clearly. I was a bit tired. Sorry.
 Top of the page
cmdrkeen
cmdrkeen Page Icon Posted 2006-10-25 9:15 PM
#
Well now that we got all that cleared up... I consider hexediting to be hacking (the true use of the term and not what the media has made it out to be) and in some strange way known not even to myself programming. That's where I got it from. I guess I hadn't noticed that the file you sent me was the 301 and not the 300. I understand that it is a more efficient solution to use the PNPID's to try and clear it up. When I get a chance (probably over the weekend) I will try and test it out as much as I can. I apologize for any animosity that I may have generated over the whole ordeal. When I re-download the reg file I will use IE to get it since Firefox apparently hacked off the extension. Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it despite any tones I may have used.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-10-25 10:20 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hey, no problems. really hope the pnpid things work because then that could help with other wlan cards too that only have the driver in ARM - for example the sandisk that needs a similar installation sequence to make it work (install sandisk driver and another one on it to make it native hpc).
btw, how do you mean hexediting is hacking? not sure i understood that part btw, this one does no more than tell the app to use another version of the dll (remember the term "dll hell"?). but there are more complicated hexedits, mainly for ce.net hpc's, now that's where it really gets interesting
 Top of the page
cmdrkeen
cmdrkeen Page Icon Posted 2006-10-25 10:45 PM
#
So let me get this straight.
1. Copy the dll files over (to \Windows or where?)
2. Import the registry file (IE downloaded it correctly)
3. Install the Symbol 2002 drivers

Correct me where wrong before I mess something up.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-10-25 11:04 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yes as it is a driver you're probably better off having the files in windows. don't know much about the symbol stuff, i'll ask TFGBD to check the thread
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-02-15 11:01 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Anyone know if this will work on a Jornada 680e ? I ordered one just for the heck of it $3 shipped. So far i have not found a Windows CE 2.11 driver. Just curious if there is somewhere im not looking. I know theres no mark if it does or doesnt run on the 680e. But maybe someone on here has ? I ordered another card that is compatible but i still would love to see if i can get this one working. Worth $3 gamble.

So far ive found the driver is an exe file. I dont have a Windows or Intel based PC in the house. Can my Jornada read this exe file on its own ? Or do i need a PC to be able to simply install the driver ?

Sorry if i seem like a newbie but i had a stroke and just had a heart attack late last week and im drawing blanks. Stuff like this was easy and right now from mental to physically im a step behind. So dont get on my case too much if i ask something that was already answered etc. ;-)

In the end im looking for the smallest wireless card (SD, CF etc) for my Jornada 680e. I already ordered a card i know will work with the unit, but it doesnt come til next week. So i have a week to try to get this intel one to work.

Intel WCF2011BEWW 2011B I have the .exe setup file as i said already. Im trying to find a .cab file of the driver i need. But im not sure where to look other than here. Could someone on here email me the files that this .exe releases ? Maybe thats how i can A) Get access to the files within the .exe but B).... well A) is enough right ? :-)

Put those files in my windows folder and follow directions in IE on finalizing the driver correct ?

Thanks folks. I plan on getting a 690e in a few days so thats another reason im trying to get this wifi card to work.

Any help would rock and thanks yall, keeping me out of my negative mood and staying busy. :-)

-Walt

Edited by WallyB110 2024-02-15 11:05 PM
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-02-15 11:23 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I know i already asked, but what browser would yall use to view simply txt based stuff online ? Ive heard of Opera but dont see a version that works on a SH3 processor. But i may have totally missed something. But what are say the top 3 web browsers for Windows CE 2.11 on a 680e ?

Would love to hear/read what you all use and say. :-)

Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-02-16 12:14 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

If it's not in the HCL the driver, then I would not recommend buying it. Especially since you don't appear to have any device that is Windows CE 3.0 or higher.

Opera does not work on SH3 processor.

SD card wifi will not work either - because no driver for CE 2.11 (or 3.0) and the SD card will not fit in the CF adapter
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-02-16 12:20 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Alrighty then ;-) Ill take that as the "dont bother" on that one. Heck $3 and it may work with something else down the road. The one i ordered is this one

Ive found in everything ive read on here and elsewhere this will run on the 680e. But if im wrong please correct me. ;-)

So far im only in $10 on two network cards, the other one ill find a use for.

I cant wait to have everything together so i can get down to it ! WOOT ! :-)
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-02-16 12:25 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Nooo- I just don't want you to spend your hard earned money on something that may not work.
Okay, I did some more digging-
The "chipset" that the LA4137 uses is supposedly the Intersil Prism 2.5 (source https://techinfodepot.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Symbol_LA-4137 )

So try this driver to see if it'll work https://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/200141/intersil_prism_25_reference_drivers_for_windows_ce/

Edited by torch 2024-02-16 12:25 AM
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-02-16 12:54 AM
#
H/PC Elite

COOL thanks ;-) !
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2024-02-16 10:43 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Please don't thread dredge. You've just necro-resurrected a thread from October 2006. Start a new thread in future and please stick to the topic.
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 52 - Executed queries : 25