x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

creating ActiveSync partnerships isn't working

rockstar63
rockstar63 Page Icon Posted 2006-12-03 6:20 PM
#
Hey guys,

I have an Intermec 6651, but my computer doesn't have a serial port. So, I decided to try mscdex's ActiveSync Partnership Creator to sync over the LAN and did everything it said to do. However, even after I changed the registry just like the program says, ActiveSync on the HPC still says "you must establish a partnership with a desktop computer before running ActiveSync." I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks in advance for your help!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-12-04 6:13 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You have changed the registry on both the Host PC and the device, i.e. ActiveSync on the PC recognises the new 'faked' profile and you went through with a registry editor and put in all the necessaries on the H/PC - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows CE Services\Partners\P1
 Top of the page
rockstar63
rockstar63 Page Icon Posted 2006-12-04 3:03 PM
#
Yeah, I changed everything on the HPC and my computer. I don't know if this makes a difference, but I did have to create a key called "Partners" in the "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows CE Services" directory before I made "P1". I even checked to make sure I was in the right directory since everything I've read regarding this says that "Partners" should already be there. I looked at the registry on my PocketPC and it seems like I'm doing everything right.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-12-04 4:17 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Weird. Sorry for hammering on the obvious here, no offence is intended, but you are in HKEL_LOCAL_MACHINE not HKEY_CURRENT_USER on the Handheld PC?

I will attach a Tascal Reg Edit file to this, please try importing over the top of it and then editing the settings from there. You can download TRE from the Support home page.

Attachments
----------------
Attachments exports.txt (0KB - 3 downloads)
 Top of the page
rockstar63 Page Icon Posted 2006-12-04 7:03 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

It's alright, no offense taken at all. But yeah, I was in HKLM. The export files worked great though! Thanks!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-12-05 10:38 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Pleasure
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.222 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 10