x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

nav-cam 2007 question

« Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... Next »
Zygomatic
Zygomatic Page Icon Posted 2008-04-14 4:39 PM
#
I got a Nav-Cam 7700 in a bag of crap from woot.com and I don't like the default software, which actually isn't loaded on an SD card, I didn't get one with it anywhere. I like the idea of trying Tom Tom, but I've copied the files to an SD card, and tried hard reset (turning the slide switch to off, inserting card and turning back on). I have them in their respective folders too, "MobileNavigator" and "North_America"

The card doesn't have to be formatted in any specific way, does it? Thanks if anyone has advice.
 Top of the page
zygomatic Page Icon Posted 2008-04-14 4:44 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I got a Nav-Cam 7700 in a bag of crap from woot.com and I don't like the default software, which actually isn't loaded on an SD card, I didn't get one with it anywhere. I like the idea of trying Tom Tom, but I've copied the files to an SD card, and tried hard reset (turning the slide switch to off, inserting card and turning back on). I have them in their respective folders too, "MobileNavigator" and "North_America"

The card doesn't have to be formatted in any specific way, does it? Thanks if anyone has advice.
 Top of the page
RayW
RayW Page Icon Posted 2008-04-22 12:26 PM
#
Zygomatic, if you look back to page 8 you will see that I had the same experience. I have no expertise on the subject but if you downloaded to the card in the Nav-Cam 7700 using ActiveSync formatting is unlikely to be the problem. It says it is converting some files to mobile device format. If you used Windows Explorer to copy to the card in a card reader it might be.

The real problem is that the 7700 factory Navigator software on my machine, and probably yours, did not look at the card. The good news is, that thanks to Google, I found the solution at:-http://oostdyk.com/randy/blog. Unlikely sounding I know, but see Evesham Nav-Cam 7700. "Tweaks" does work but a few tips if you try it. At 2 copy the whole folder to your card. If you just copy files when you get to 6 NavCam 7700Restore.exe runs but cannot find the files it needs. Note that this software assumes that the main program is called TomTom Navigator.exe whereas Captin's is called MobileNavigator.exe so the navigator.ini file will need altering. I suggest you look at it on your PC after unzipping before downloading anything to the satnav. It opens automatically with Notepad and it is easier to edit it there. It is obvious how it works and buttons 1 and 2 are both TomTom icons. To run from the card I altered the third line after the = to \SDMMC\MobileNavigator.exe. I left the first entry unaltered but changed the name of Mobile Navigator.exe to TomTom Navigator.exe when I copied it to the location specified in 5. To make it work it also needs the other TomTom files in the same location. I can now run TomTom from the RAM or the card by using button 1 or 2 but the US maps already on your machine will be bigger than my UK maps so you may have a memory constraint.

Finally at 6 it means Windows Explorer CE (Wince) on the sat nav, not Explorer on the PC.

All very obvious in retrospect but that is several frustrating hours later.

To end on a bright note I am leaving for a fly/drive in Canada tomorrow and thanks to Captin and Randy, and just in the nick of time, I think I have the 7700 set up to work there.

Top of the page
NavIssue
NavIssue Page Icon Posted 2008-05-02 10:32 AM
#
We have been using the unit for 6 months but we stopped using it for about 2-3 months. We recently try to use the unit, but the unit does not recognize the built-in GPS (i.e., giving messages like "failure to reset / recognize...." or "no GPS signal...". When I setup the unit for the first time, it did take about good 30 mins before GPS setting / fixing its position but now I just can't - meaning I left the unit outside overnight (until the battery ran out) or in the car (with the car battery adapter). I am almost thinking about buying an external antenna to hook up this unit but if the unit is broken or the software has a problem, then I don't want to waste money on the external antenna.

Can anyone help?

PS. I have tried many things to resolve this 1) even installed TOMTOM on this to see if TOMTOM's software can help, 2) replaced NAVIGATOR.exe with the latest version (i.e., Nav Cam 2007), 3) even restored to the "original" version of NAVIGATOR.exe (that came with the CD), 4) no luck from Nav Cam US which is apparently non-existent

Thanks in advance!!
 Top of the page
Robert
Robert Page Icon Posted 2008-05-05 8:27 PM
#
i have a nav-cam 2007 and for some reason it keeps reseting it self do you have the original soft for this so i can try and redo the sd card if so it would be greatly appreciated thanks robert
 Top of the page
Captin Page Icon Posted 2008-05-06 1:35 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Robert - 2008-05-05 1:27 AM

i have a nav-cam 2007 and for some reason it keeps reseting it self do you have the original soft for this so i can try and redo the sd card if so it would be greatly appreciated thanks robert

Read a few pages back, links to the original software and tomtm 6 are posted.
 Top of the page
RICHLM1288 Page Icon Posted 2008-05-06 3:31 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

do you have the maps for Germany and Swiss

Thank you
 Top of the page
#
H/PC Newbie

Thank you
 Top of the page
#
H/PC Newbie

Thank you
 Top of the page
Captin Page Icon Posted 2008-05-06 4:43 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

The maps for Western europe cover all of europe.
 Top of the page
RICHLM1288 Page Icon Posted 2008-05-06 5:55 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

thank you

Richard
 Top of the page
justin
justin Page Icon Posted 2008-05-19 4:37 AM
#
hi captin i have just installed all the tomtom 6 software on my nav cam 6200 and the uk maps, it all boots up fine but its saying no gps device. and when i go to the gps settings there is nothing on any of the bars hope you can help its doing my head in thanks
 Top of the page
justin
justin Page Icon Posted 2008-05-19 5:02 AM
#
hi just read the settings for the tom tom gps on the nav cam is it com 2 or hard cable setting?? as it dosent seem to pick up gps
 Top of the page
Galindoelectric
Galindoelectric Page Icon Posted 2008-05-19 11:54 PM
#
Galindoelectric@aol.com
DWELCH - 2008-03-19 8:54 PM

DOWNLOADED ALL MAPS ...AM GOING TO CHECK IT OUT
THANKS CAPTAIN
 Top of the page
Eddin Galindo
Eddin Galindo Page Icon Posted 2008-05-20 12:00 AM
#
darkcougar - 2006-12-19 7:12 PM

im completely new to this so please forgive me if i dont know what im talking about here...

i was recently given as a gift a nav-cam 2007 gps unit which right out of the box had some sort of major software issue resulting in it basically being a dashboard map, no gps capabilities at all without it crashing to the point of having to reset the unit. After several calls to the manufacturer they told me a fix would be sent to me. After installing the fix it only made the crashes different, no better. so my question is this...

i own both the MS streets and trips 2006 and Delorm streets programs, and they both have pocketPC versions that supposedly came with it. Is there a way to basically reinstall windows CE on this thing so i can install one of these programs? i dont really want to go the linux route because i know absolutely nothing about it, and id like to be able to use this thing again at some point. below are as much of the specs as i know about it. certainly any help offered is appreciated, and i thank you in advance.

oh yeah, i almost forgot. i have hooked it up to my desktop using activesync, and i see the windows folders, but have not played with it yet. also it has its own interface when you start it, giving you a option to goto navigation or the settings menu which is heavily dumbed down and certainly not a windows menu at all. i have not seen any signs of any windows being on it aside from a USB connection box that pops up when i plug it in.

---
(within the software settings menu)
ARM920T processor
64MB ram
1gb SD card
WIN CE .NET 4.2 Core
(on the box itself)
processor: Samsung 400 MHZ processor
GPS: Sirf Star III
Memory: 64 Mb SDRAM/32 Mb Flash
Expansion Slot: SD/MMC upto 2gb
Display: 3.5" 65K color TFT LCD w/ backlight