x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

custom roms for 900c!

« Prev ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 Next »
macminer Page Icon Posted 2008-06-06 10:35 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

um, well, assuming you associated .reg files to TRE previously. wince by default doesn't have .reg association
anyway, do you want me to do this app for you?

Yes, obviously I must have associated .reg files to TRE (or PHM?), otherwise it wouldn't have worked.

I guess the app will be useful as a lifesaver when somebody is on their way without access to his PC and the backlight stops working because of Resco Viewer or TomTom. If you write this app, I will certainly put it in my startup folder.

(PQV)does it still have a hpc version?
btw did you ever look at mangameeya? quite fast I hear

No, PQV HPC development stopped on version 3.x. The later version (4.x) works on my NEC900 (your custom ROM), but it doesn't offer any improvement, and is, as a matter of fact, slower and more cumbersome than 3.x. Probably due to the fact it is not optimized for HPC in any way.

I haven't thought of mangameeya. I'll try it when I have some free time. If it is really faster than Resco, I might consider switching to it. From the previous discussion at these forums I can see there was quite a battle to make this app work on WinCE!
 Top of the page
Bensawsome Page Icon Posted 2008-06-06 7:28 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

WM2003SE on the 900c? That would be AWSOME! and cmonex I have a Dell Axim x5 with wm2003 and you said even someone with knowledge of ppcs could help (I have quite a bit of knowledge about many types of mobile devices )
Thanks,
Bensawsome
 Top of the page
dvm
dvm Page Icon Posted 2008-06-09 2:35 PM
#
Any update on the usability of Nyditot Virtual Display please?
I learn of this program in this very nice review of 900: http://www.rothberger.net/pages/reviews/me_nec900_english.shtml
This screenshot is just too tempting to turn my eyes away: http://www.rothberger.net/images/reviews/me_nec900_5.jpg
However after quite a bit of searching & googling I have yet to see how this piece fares in 900/900C, particularly in this cool custom rom.
My much anticipated MP900 is about leaving the customs for the post workers, hopefully tomorrow ...
Can't wait for the fun to come!
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2008-06-09 4:34 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

NVD works fine with CMonex's custom rom...but most people are unhappy with the loss of resolution as the increased screen size is "artificial..." So unless you really have a need to view more than 640 x 240 pixels, you will probably not use NVD much...

Rich
 Top of the page
Guyturf Page Icon Posted 2008-06-09 5:14 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

amen to that... I thought... wow, dvm is so excited about it I'll have to try mine again... yuck!

Plus it messes up screen refreshing and slows things down badly
 Top of the page
dvm
dvm Page Icon Posted 2008-06-10 5:14 PM
#
Thanks folks for the input.
I just wonder if the latency of screen refreshing varies at different resolution (e.g. does a small(er) resolution help?).
Arrrrgh... my buddy is still in the customs... 3 days already ... Is it just because those guys are too busy "inspecting" (playing with) it?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2008-06-10 5:49 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

It really doesn't change the screen refresh, rather the delay is a process of the cpu computing the colors and spacing for each pixel in order to simulate a larger resolution.
 Top of the page
rbsfou Page Icon Posted 2009-02-01 11:43 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

*bump*

I don't suppose you've managed to make your 2.5 / 3.0 ROM with unified storage yet cmonex?

I have cash ready and waiting to bribe you with...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2009-03-08 7:33 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hey, I've returned I didnt notice your post yes, feel free to bribe me good to know there is interest!

I would like to know your opinions about some things first. what should be in the v3 rom?

the stuff I have a bit of trouble deciding about:

1. geared's gshell (last special version) -- this totally changes the look/functionality of explorer/desktop/taskbar. I can give more details if needed but the point is do we want a drastic change? I personally find it very cool with some small things that I would prefer to keep the old way. this is not a very hard question though, as gshell can easily be disabled.
2. persistent storage (PS) and PIM backing up -- persistent storage means you won't lose your files or registry changes if battery discharges. advantages: safe data, all ram for programs (helps in running some heavy ones). disadvantages: device may be a bit slower, hard reset (if device becomes unbootable due to bad registry etc. setting) needs a special boot mode (if device still boots fine it is somewhat easier to HR), PIM data (calendar, contacts, todo and if you use builtin email client instead of 3rd party client then that too) is still in RAM, though some backup program may be run in an automated way from time to time.
3. other small stuff, I will make a list of that later

I'm thinking to make 2 releases, one ram based and one PS based unless everyone wants PS

of course other improvements can be expected too : more WM dlls for compatibility, extra functionality stuff/app updates/changes, bugfixes (like the stupid tcpmp bug), etc etc.

+1 question. other available options: WM shell vs full WM port. do we want any of that? if it is a WM shell it can be unloaded at will, if a full WM port that's a bit harder to switch away from

Edited by cmonex 2009-03-08 7:34 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-03-08 7:41 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I agree that GShell isn't necessary - I'm satisfied with the simple desktop on mine.

I think 2) could be helpful since the 900C's battery doesn't exactly have the longest run time after a full charge, and doesn't seem to hold a charge very long when sitting powered off either. (Maybe I'll try re-celling the pack with higher-capacity cells, but I've been unsuccessful in that department with other devices' packs thus far. )
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2009-03-09 8:16 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Hmmm, speed loss with persistent memory? How much of a speed loss? Any benchmarks or comparisons? I'm not sure I want to sacrifice any speed.
 Top of the page
Dan Page Icon Posted 2009-03-09 1:45 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Hi Cmonex, I'm glad you are ready to cook the new CR!

Here is my opinion:

1- Is the Geared2003's Gshell that you are referring to the one which is available here or a new one? If that's a newer version, which are the improvement/differences?

2- PS would be priceless for me..as long as it does not slow the device too much..

3- Can't wait to see all the new improvements!

Also, I wouldn't opt for the full WM port, while, as I mentioned in an other thread, the ability to load and unload a WM shell would be great. Just 1 question: would the WM shell change the way folders are displayed (like PPCs) or only the desktop? If only the desktop, with the ability to load the PPC Today's plugin, would be a lot better..

Dan

Edited by Dan 2009-03-09 1:48 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2009-03-09 8:50 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Dan - 2009-03-09 7:45 PM

Hi Cmonex, I'm glad you are ready to cook the new CR!

Here is my opinion:

1- Is the Geared2003's Gshell that you are referring to the one which is available here or a new one? If that's a newer version, which are the improvement/differences?

2- PS would be priceless for me..as long as it does not slow the device too much..

3- Can't wait to see all the new improvements!

Also, I wouldn't opt for the full WM port, while, as I mentioned in an other thread, the ability to load and unload a WM shell would be great. Just 1 question: would the WM shell change the way folders are displayed (like PPCs) or only the desktop? If only the desktop, with the ability to load the PPC Today's plugin, would be a lot better..

Dan

1: new one. I will give more details later (very tired atm, got home after a full day of traveling)
2: I will need to make benchmarks. I don't feel it to be slow (but then I don't feel 900c slow overall anyway, except goddamn IE6 ), so this is just a guess, which must be tested.
3: WM: this is tfgbd's alpha, that we must improve on. so currently it is not actual plans for v3, but further perspective.
 Top of the page
kitor Page Icon Posted 2009-03-13 5:17 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Better would be WM shell on CE - AFAIK most compatibility issues in wm apps on ce are from missing wm shell - am I right?
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2009-03-13 5:44 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

In my opinion in most cases incompatibility comes from commctrl and aygshell, it comes more seldom from richink, cemapi, pim dlls and other WM specific ones.

Edited by JHack 2009-03-13 5:45 AM
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 13