x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

IR mouse working with PenCentra 200

CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-04-11 5:48 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

While browsing eBay a week or so ago I stumbled upon a lot of five IBM Home Director wireless mice. Cool ergonomic design - they're long and narrow, with a thumb scroll ball and right-click button on the top, and the left-click button just below and behind the IR transmitter on the front end. The IR receiver that comes with them has a PS/2 interface.

I just couldn't resist making the opening bid of $6, especially with the end of the auction nearing without a bid. No one else came along, and they were mine. (Shipping brought the total up to a little less than $20.)

They arrived today, and I couldn't resist trying them on my two PS/2-enabled CE tablets (PenCentra and skeye.pad). Not highly surprised to find that the skeye.pad wouldn't provide enough power through the PS/2 port to run the IR receiver (I've yet to find anything that works with that port), but when I plugged it into the PenCentra, the power light went on. So I tried the mouse with it, and - yes! - it worked.

I posted this in the H/PC 2000 forum because my PenCentra 200 runs H/PC 2000. However, I see no reason why it wouldn't work just as well with the H/PC Pro version.
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2007-04-13 12:28 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Cool.

What about the others (6651)?
S/F,
CEYA!

Edited by Ceya 2007-04-13 12:35 AM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-04-13 1:20 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

No PS/2 port.

I can try a PS/2-to-USB adapter, but I suspect it'll ask me for a driver, and I don't know if there's a DLL name I can enter for a mouse/pointing device.
 Top of the page
macmee Page Icon Posted 2007-04-13 5:38 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I love IR mice!

I bought a Retailplus mouse to use for my acer laptop, when I saw this thread I decided to see what would happen if I plugged it into my mobilepro 900c.

I didn't even need to load drivers ! Works flawlessly!

I never knew wireless mice would work with hpcs
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-04-13 6:55 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Well, I haven't heard of one working directly with the H/PC's IR port, but this one has its own IR receiver that plugs into a PS/2 port.
 Top of the page
macmee Page Icon Posted 2007-04-13 6:57 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

CE Geek - 2007-04-13 7:55 PM

Well, I haven't heard of one working directly with the H/PC's IR port, but this one has its own IR receiver that plugs into a PS/2 port.

Mine uses an IR receiver I plug in via USB.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 10