x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

more chances to get GPRS/EDGE for your hpc!

cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-06-06 5:33 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

as expected (after isotherm tried older versions of the series), the sony ericsson GC85 works without drivers

insert the card then just create a new dialup connection selecting it as the modem. give an init string (in configure/second tab) that includes your APN, something like: +CGDCONT=1,"ip","net" where net is my provider's APN
(reminder: do not type the starting AT here)

if it doesnt want to dial in properly, then tick all the terminal related settings (three: manual, before and after), then dial and when terminal comes up then type:
AT+CFUN?
if this returns 0 then you found the problem, it isnt fully activated. type:
AT+CFUN=1
that will activate it. wait a couple of secs until it says MRDY: 3
then you can type the CGDCONT string too,
AT+CGDCONT=1,"ip","net" (jsut an example)
and
ATD*99***1# (that number is for european gsm)
and then press continue in file menu

(in case you cant see what you are typing start with the command: ATE1)

i didnt test if this always needs to have full functionality turned on every time you dial - just got the card yesterday it was brand new so maybe thats why it needed this. but if not so, then just insert the extra +CFUN=1 command in init string..

if all of this stuff doesnt fit, or your provider's apn is too long then must always use terminal. i wonder if there is a better solution than using dialupmaster?

hmm i guess i'm collecting gprs/edge/etc cards now
thing cost me 50$ or so (in hungarian money) and it was a local sale, no shipping, i couldnt resist, wanted this card last year so much

Edited by cmonex 2007-06-06 5:38 PM
 Top of the page
Sysco Page Icon Posted 2007-06-08 4:55 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

SWEET! Thanks for the info and update CMonex. Edge and 3G are big here in Tennessee.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-06-09 6:38 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

have fun

check this thread on more experiences: http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=9215&pos...
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9