x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Bluetooth activesync

Mr.JT Page Icon Posted 2007-06-13 9:32 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

if i get a compatible bluetooth pcmcia/cf card, can i use activesync over bluetooth to sync my jornada 720?? Currently I have active sync 3.1 as this is the only version i can get working with serial/usb! Anyone doing this? If so with what make card?

Thanks,

JT
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2007-07-04 3:18 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

[I hope I don't get in trouble for replying late, but here goes:]
Short answer: Yes, you can unofficially sync via Bluetooth in ActiveSync 3 by mounting the BT device as serial, or officially with ActiveSync 4.x. You must IIRC have at least Windows 98SE or higher to use Bluetooth..
Check the HCL for a compatible card. You may want to upgrade to ActiveSync 3.8 at the very least, if not v4.5 [note 4.5 only supports Win2k, 2003, and XP]. 3.1 is currently very much outdated, and 3.8 includes many bug fixes. I see you've been having problems with syncing, may I ask you a few questions there? What operating system are you using?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-07-04 5:35 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I can't imagine why you couldn't sync successfully via serial/USB using ActiveSync 3.8. You can sync via Bluetooth once you've bonded the PC to the 720 via Bluetooth, assuming that you already have an ActiveSync partnership established beforehand. As for which card to recommend, I'll defer to our resident expert, cmonex.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9