x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Help Wanted: Reviews Writer

1 2 3 4 5
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2007-07-09 8:13 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

gjcoram - 2007-07-09 7:39 AM

cmonex - 2007-07-08 8:36 PM
and the only software i would happily write about would be mainly ppc stuff (alternative browsers, for example.)

How about a review of nPOP/nPOPuk?

I don't guess I'd be allowed to write a review of that, and that's really the only software I use on my HPC.

I don't see why not.....as long as you can be objective about your software and you don't repeat everything twice?
 Top of the page Quote Reply
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2007-07-09 8:19 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

C:Amie - 2007-07-09 8:06 AM

.... trying to play Halo 2 and write a doctoral thesis on it, yeah, yeah, same old drill as the PPC users - just that little bit more sadistic.

However, if someone should want to write a review using a SP, I wouldn't begrudge it... assuming the quality was right.

Wow - I dare someone to write a review using a Smartphone without....

a) going cross eyed
b) getting finger cramps
c) throwing the SP at the nearest wall in frustration

C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-07-09 9:19 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

gjcoram - 2007-07-09 12:38 PM

and the only software i would happily write about would be mainly ppc stuff (alternative browsers, for example.)

I don't guess I'd be allowed to write a review of that, and that's really the only software I use on my HPC.
You would be welcome to write it, but somecommentators may cry foul of the slight bias involved so a clear statement of how you are associated with the project and some inside isight would be all I ask. Clint?
clintonfitchdotcom Page Icon Posted 2007-07-09 9:27 AM
#
Avatar image of clintonfitchdotcom
H/PC Elite

PhotoAngleMemory - 2007-07-08 2:42 PM

Which is why it's beneficial to get a teen section. We have no lives to interfere with the writing time and you can easily bribe us to do anything for candy. Kidding. Sort of.

CE Geek is right, somewhat. If someone really wanted to write, they could probably find time to do it. Such as the time spent rambling on in the Off Topic thread. .

You'll find someone spectacular to write for you, I'm sure of it.

But if all else fails, take out an ad in the classifieds.

The challenge with this is that we have no indicator that H/PCs are used by a large number of tweens.
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2007-07-09 9:30 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

C:Amie - 2007-07-09 9:19 AM

You would be welcome to write it, but somecommentators may cry foul of the slight bias involved so a clear statement of how you are associated with the project and some inside isight would be all I ask. Clint?

Chris

I think that any bias would be quickly addressed by forum member comments, as you well know, no one gets away with anything disingenuous on this website for very long!
It's a humbling experience.
clintonfitchdotcom Page Icon Posted 2007-07-09 9:30 AM
#
H/PC Elite

C:Amie - 2007-07-09 8:19 AM

I would have to agree. Writing about one's own software is more marketing than reviewing - at least that is how most will see it. It would be best if someone else could review it.
clintonfitchdotcom Page Icon Posted 2007-07-09 9:32 AM
#
H/PC Elite

An update for everyone... at this point I have received 3 Private Messages regarding writing reviews. This is outstanding and much appreciated. I will contact those three members today to discuss things and get reviews in the pipeline.
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2007-07-09 11:35 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I was hoping cmonex would be wililng to write a review of nPOPuk ... I think she was considering it at one point.
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-07-09 1:59 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

npop is one of the software i *need* - smtp authentication
oh and it is not a pocketpc software.. so possibly.
clintonfitchdotwife
clintonfitchdotwife Page Icon Posted 2007-07-09 3:00 PM
#
Hurricane John - 2007-07-09 6:26 AM

PhotoAngleMemory - 2007-07-08 2:50 PM

In the H/PC community there's a "already been done" feeling I think. Which may be why there's difficulty in getting writers. H/PCs are little past their glory days.

But that's just what I think. May not neccesarily be true, but it seems to me that the lack of involvement is because there's new tiny shiny toys out there that outglory the H/PC.

Don't look now, but PPC's are on their way out......everyones getting one of them swiss army knife type smart phones with those teenie, weenie tiny little screens!

I am convinced that external user interfaces will be a thing of the past at some point. We will have devices implanted with virtual images for us to view.
clintonfitchdotcom Page Icon Posted 2007-07-09 3:50 PM
#
H/PC Elite

clintonfitchdotwife - 2007-07-09 2:00 PM
I am convinced that external user interfaces will be a thing of the past at some point. We will have devices implanted with virtual images for us to view.

So long as I can see it in direct sunlight, I'm good-to-go.
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2007-07-09 3:57 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

clintonfitchdotcom - 2007-07-09 3:50 PM

clintonfitchdotwife - 2007-07-09 2:00 PM

So long as I can see it in direct sunlight, I'm good-to-go.

Direct Sunlight - what for? You'll never have to leave the comfort of your home!!
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-07-09 4:20 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Topic: "Help Wanted: Reviews Writer"
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-07-09 7:41 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

clintonfitchdotwife - 2007-07-09 12:00 PM
We will have devices implanted with virtual images for us to view.

. . . lending new meaning to the term "embedded device."

I guess I still need to be clear who decides what gets reviewed (and when) - the writer or the site staff.
clintonfitchdotwife
clintonfitchdotwife Page Icon Posted 2007-07-09 11:28 PM
#
I would assume that the staff would prefer to choose who reviews what (and when) but I am also reading the interpretation of c:amie's post that the staff might accept any review to read & evaluate for themselves the content value of posting any unsolicited articles?

Do I assume correctly on this point?

BTW- Optimized viewing in direct sunlight won't be available until version 2.0 is released...
1 2 3 4 5
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 9