x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Help Wanted: Reviews Writer

1 2 3 4 5
theoak Page Icon Posted 2007-12-08 6:08 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Uploaded Sig3 review and a Sig3 CD to server.
 Top of the page Quote Reply
clintonfitchdotcom Page Icon Posted 2007-12-08 6:10 PM
#
Avatar image of clintonfitchdotcom
H/PC Elite

I got it - I've just not had a chance to read it or reply.
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-12-08 6:31 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

My contact information is on the site contact page. I will read it in its final state (if there are any changes, there may be none).
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2010-08-06 10:57 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Sorry for bumping up the old thread; never read it before.

If I could grow up more and improve my english a bit, I can imagine myself writing HPC related reviews all the time . I will admit my Ericsson mc16 overview (yes, it really was more like that), as far as I can remember was absolutely terrible. I overly pointed out it's weak points, and it was too short and rushed. I was quite eager at the time to have a crack at reviews. Pure embarrassment and that's partly why I trickled out around January 2009.

Edited by Paspie 2010-08-06 10:59 PM
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2010-08-08 12:09 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Well, I think it's good that you have reflected on the experience and grown from it No one can fault you for that.
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2010-08-08 4:24 PM
#
H/PC Elite

C:Amie - 2010-08-08 12:09 PM

Well, I think it's good that you have reflected on the experience and grown from it No one can fault you for that.
Now there's that rule about 'Must receive parents' consent if under 16'. At least there's only about 2.75 years to go. Someday I'll become an adult.
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2010-12-26 12:42 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Here's an idea: I could always have my reviews scattered over my personal site, and if they are fit for HPC: Factor, then there's the possibility of them going here. Save's my time thinking 'what's C:Amie going to do next!' which was with that lump of catastrophic failure. I'm sure there is going to be something wrong with this idea that i'm not exactly aware of.
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2010-12-26 12:50 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

This is semi-off topic, but could someone give me a nice little "set up" for how to review a unit?

I thought,
Discuss the external hardware first, mix in with a little info about your first impressions and what you hope it'll do.
Then discuss the internal hardware, highlight the pros and cons of the unit being reviewed and eventually what you can do to fix the cons
Then go through various software details like syncing, moving files etc. and discuss the ease (or pain) you went through.
Finally, discuss your overall impression of the unit and reaffirm your pros and cons list.

Or does anyone have another way they review?
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-12-26 1:17 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

That's a good approach. There are different ways to go about a review. When I wrote my review of the Clio C-1050 I started with historical information to give the reader some perspective. It's the end result that counts - you want people to come away from reading the review having learned something about the thing you're reviewing, and hopefully getting intrigued enough to consider checking it out.
1 2 3 4 5
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 47 - Executed queries : 28