x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Where to find? Aegis Client software for CE .NET 4.1

mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2007-07-23 6:52 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I was wondering if anyone may know of a link or have a copy of the Aegis Client software that will run on CE .NET 4.1.

To compliment the 802.11g CF card I have coming to test on my Sigmarion 3 (which if it works I will let everyone know all the details). Anyway the Aegis client software will allow me to add the abillity to use WPA as well as 54mbps speeds of the 802.11g...

Sadly Cisco bought out the company who sold the Aegis Client and I can't find anywhere to download the .net 4.1 version. (cisco don't offer a replacement).

Hopefully someone can help me find a version of the software (it is likely some companies offer a CE .NET 4.1 version for their devices - I found a version for some Symbol devices but just the WM2003 version not the .net version...

Fingers corssed....

Thanks Again

John

Edited by mr-mac 2007-07-23 7:16 AM
 Top of the page
theoak Page Icon Posted 2007-07-23 9:17 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Maybe you already checked here:

http://www.mtghouse.com/support/client_installation.asp#cenet_install

You have to send an email to get download link and 30 day temporary key.
Hope this is not an old abandoned or dead end page.
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2007-07-23 9:29 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Yeah, it's a dead site really, Cisco bought MtgHouse....

The page still exists but any download links etc. take you to the cisco page and cisco no longer provide the software

John
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2007-07-30 4:54 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Ok so as I have 802.11g working on Sig3 I would really like to get WPA as well... Keep your eyes pealed for the ageis client software...

I have a WM2003 version so may have a little go at getting it to work but better to find ce .net version

John
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2007-07-30 6:24 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

You could try the Odyssey Client here: http://www.juniper.net/products_and_services/aaa_and_802_1x/odyssey/odyssey_access_client/

Really the only other link I could find is a site that lets you order Aegis for CE: http://www.softsearch.com/ac4/Product1.asp?Product_ID=311524

Edited by mscdex 2007-07-30 6:24 PM
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2007-07-31 7:27 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Got the WM2003 version of Aegis client working

I need to test fully tonight but software is working, picking up wi-fi card, allowing me to scan for access points and access all config screens....

The .net version would be nice as the screens are a bit PPC looking and not quite right but if it all works I am happy.

John
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-07-31 7:54 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh, you mean you didnt actually try to connect to WPA with it?
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2007-07-31 8:01 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Not yet but the software is working and it is controlling the wi-fi card correctly etc....

Will update is WPA works tonight when I get home but think all looks good so far...

John
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2007-08-01 5:17 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Ok not got it fully working yet....

It is installed and running. It detects the wi-fi card and identifies the chipset etc... The software will scan correctly and detect my wirless router. It will correctly detect all the correct settings for my router. It just doesn't seem to want to associate...

I have found another version of the Aegis software which I think is slightly later (still a ppc version) so I am going to give that a go as well. Not sure what the problem is but I have a feeling the Aegis software is correctly recognising there is no 802.1x authentication...

The bad news as pressing a setting in the software has stuffed somthing else and even when software is not running it won't autoload the std CE .NET wireless config program and even with the Aegis software totally removed it hasn't solved the problem (I think the Aegis software removed or altered a registry setting)...

cmonex - if playing with the software do not change the zero config tick box from it's default setting as that is what causes it.... 2nd handy hint - software is registered already but if you go into register screen in help menu it somehow makes it think it is not registered...

I wish I knew what registry setting it changed or removed as I really don't want to hard re-set the unit and re-build all the software just to get wi-fi back (whatever it has changed also stops my other wi-fi card autoloading the inbuilt wi-fi setup utility from loading when card is inserted)...

Will keep everyone up to date with my progress.

John

Edited by mr-mac 2007-08-01 5:17 AM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 10