x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Review: Mobem Technologies' mFunPack 1.0

C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-04-11 7:09 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Back in the late 1990's when Handheld PC's were all the rage, Fun Packs or Game Packs were quite a popular way for developers to bundle their individual game software titles into a group package.
Today, that concept (with one exception) is pretty much gone when it comes to Handheld PC gaming software. The only exception is a group of 6 games bundled together by Mobem Technologies and sold as part of their mFunPack.

John Ottini takes a look a the last remnants of the Handheld PC game pack to see if the idea still holds true.

Read the review and have your say here on the forums.

Review: mFunPack 1.0
 Top of the page Quote Reply
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-04-14 6:38 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Cool.
At first the pack seems to be too trivial... but the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of simple but challenging mind games on my HPC. Particularly Shanghai and SiChuan, where there's unlimited game sets.

BTW, about mBoxman...
a squirrel or mouse (I can't tell which it is)

I believe it is a hamster, John
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-04-14 7:07 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

OH 100% Hamster.

mBoxman can numb the mind, the original Sokoban still hurts my mind from out the annals of time.

Shanghai and SiChuan look to be interesting, as the Microsoft WCEEP's clone lacks board reconfiguration.
Hal Page Icon Posted 2009-10-08 10:45 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Trying to download these games today, but links are broken. Can anybody help?
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-10-08 2:05 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I think you just set a record for resurrecting an old thread, Hal (four and a half years).

The Leisure Pack link on the Mobem home page won't work for you? (I assume these are Pocket PC versions now, as I assume that Mobem has followed the herd and abandoned H/PC support.)
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2009-10-08 3:17 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

The PocketPC 2000, 2002, or even 2003 download links for the individual games in mFunpack are broken too, not just the HPC download links. I wonder if they're aware of this :S
Hal Page Icon Posted 2009-10-08 9:17 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I just sent an email to their "support" email address, so will report back when I get a response.
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 9