Power Toys for Windows CE 1.0 Installation Guide
|Power Toys 1.0
- Windows CE 1.0
- Handheld PC Explorer 1.0, 1.1
This guide discusses the steps involved in installing the Power
Toys 1.0 release for Windows CE 1.0 based Handheld PC's.
The Windows CE 1.0 Power Toys add additional functionality, performance
enhancements and productivity tools to your Handheld PC. The installer
is only available as a Host Side Installer as Windows CE 1 generation
devices do not support the Cabinet installation method.
To find out more about the Windows CE 1.0 Power Toys, read the
- Download the Power Toys 1.0 installation package from the CESD
- Double Click powtoy.exe to begin the installation
- Click next to begin the Installation Process
- You must accept the standard Microsoft supplemental EULA before
you can install the Power Toys.
- Choose the Host side installation directory for the Power Toys
files. The files copied to the installation directory will be
uploaded to your Handheld PC when you next connect to your Host.
Click next to proceed.
- This screen allows you to choose which components of the Power
Toys 1.0 set you wish to install to your Handheld PC. Add or remove
the check boxes next to the applications as appropriate. Click
Next when ready.
- You have now provided the installer with all the information
needed to install Power Toys. At this point you should connect
your Handheld PC to H/PC Explorer. You must have already established
a device partnership between H/PC Explorer and your H/PC before
you can continue. Once you have successfully connected your device
click Finish to being the application transfer.
- Power Toys will now be installed onto your Handheld PC.
- If you chose to install the Control Panel Annunciators you will
be prompted with a file over write dialogue box. You must choose
Yes or Yes to all and allow the files on your device to be over
Remember that the master files on your device are stored in ROM,
should something go wrong a Hard Reset will recover the files.
- Once completed successfully you will see the following message.
- If you chose to install the H/PC Explorer Remote Control Power
Toy, the following message will be displayed on your mobile device.
You should soft reset your Handheld PC as per the manufacturers
guide lines to complete the Power Toys installation irrespective
of whether you see this message. If you do not soft reset Remote
Control will not be able to connect to your device as the daemon
will not be running.
The above message is not entirely accurate as only three of the
Power Toys applications are accessed via the Start Menu on your
H/PC. For more information on using the Windows CE 1 Power Toys
please see the HPC:Factor review here.
To uninstall the Power Toys:
- Click Start, Settings and Open Control Panel
- Choose Add / Remove Programs
- Double Click PowerToys v1.0 (Remove Only)
- Confirm removal from your desktop PC
- You may need to repeat the process on your Handheld PC device
Power Toys for Windows
CE 1.0 Review