x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Browser for Handheld PC.....

1 2 3 4 5
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-09-16 7:34 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Wait - is the Telios H/PC Pro? Are you saying that you got PIE 4 onto an H/PC Pro device?
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2007-09-16 9:08 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

no H/PC 2000
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-09-16 9:41 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

stingraze - 2007-09-17 12:51 AM

maybe it's a better idea to just give up a browser on Handheld PC Pro all together. I mean, I tried the H/PC 2000 IE on my Telios, it works great...

The processor speed of the Telios is 129Mhz, but it's much better than my WCE2.11 Mobile Gear which runs at 131Mhz. So....

Here are my options I'm considering (?):

1) To vainly continue this while no body will be really interested
2) To lower the target of the raise
3) Give it up
4) Write a letter to Bill Gates asking for fund
5) Try out that $100 guy myself
6) Say good bye to this project
7) Write a letter to Netfront or Mozilla (again)
8) Say it is a lost cause.
9) Wait another 2 years until somebody actually gets interested.

10) for hpc pro ARM (820) isotherm just has to extend redgear
other than that, if you want MIPS, write letter to opera
 Top of the page
Hal Page Icon Posted 2007-09-16 10:17 PM
#
H/PC Elite

11) Somebody spearhead writing a proper spec in the form of an RFP and float it to prospective developers for consideration of an interface to existing browser(s), or a new or ported one.(??)
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2007-09-17 10:20 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Might work.

So.... browser for H/PC 2000? Nah, I think the PIE on it is pretty decent. I'm currently interested in a port for the Windows CE 2.11 devices.

Edited by stingraze 2007-09-17 11:08 AM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-09-17 12:41 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I agree with you.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-09-17 3:41 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

most people don't.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2007-09-17 10:58 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

So I happened to write a letter to Bill Gates and here's the response.

We received your correspondence to Bill Gates. We greatly value customer input and thank you for your interest in Microsoft.

Company policy precludes acceptance of unsolicited submissions for new products, technologies, and related materials. Under this policy, we are unable to provide advice or guidance on any submitted proposal. If you would like to review Microsoft’s policy, please refer to “Unsolicited Idea Submission Policy” at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.mspx

If you wish to learn more about Microsoft products, or submit specific feedback on a Microsoft product, please feel free to avail yourself of the following resources:

Microsoft Product Support Newsgroups - Collaborate with others who use our products, including Microsoft Most Valuable Professionals (MVPs). Choose an available newsgroup at http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx .

Customer Service Guide - For non-technical assistance with product purchases, subscriptions, online services, events, training courses, corporate sales, piracy issues, and more. Access this guide at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[ln];csshome&styl...

Make a Product Suggestion - The Microsoft Community is a public forum where you can submit suggestions for Microsoft products and see suggestions that others have made. Community participants vote for suggestions, and Microsoft uses the votes to help prioritize features in upcoming versions. Each month, Microsoft will respond to the suggestions with the most votes. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/wizard.mspx?type=su...

Product Feedback/Microsoft Wish Program - Product Enhancement suggestions can include improvements on existing products; suggestions for additional features; and ways to make products easier to use. Visit the following Microsoft Product Feedback Web site at http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/outreach/ideas/ideaSubmit.mspx.

Due to the volume and variety of suggestions, we can't provide compensation or personal responses to each suggestion. We appreciate your input, and look forward to building better products with helpful suggestions such as yours.

Again, we appreciate your interest and wish you the best in your endeavors.

Sincerely,
Office of the Chairman
 Top of the page
Hal Page Icon Posted 2007-09-20 12:12 PM
#
H/PC Elite

With MSFT I suspect it is like the music industry: Many don't want to hear or see any unsolicited submissions because if that happened to spark some creativity that lead to popular music that was similar, could end in litegation.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2007-09-24 3:54 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Interesting thought.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2007-10-10 4:54 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

I got the first contribution of $10 from a person in U.S.A!
http://stingraze.hyperphp.com/winmo/hpcbrowser.htm

Edited by stingraze 2007-10-10 5:03 AM
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2007-10-11 9:50 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

You are aware that Firefox is being ported for use in the mobile world, taking over from where Minimo seems to have failed?
http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/cellphones/mozilla-plans-to-rock-mobile-...

I think we'd have more luck asking for the base requirements to be set low for that...
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-10-11 11:47 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Great, but what're the odds of it being compatible with anything before CE 4 .net?
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2007-10-12 4:24 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Hence the last sentence. If we make voices heard, there's a chance. If we don't, the isn't.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2007-10-12 7:52 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

It said something about "finally the mobile devices have enough power" or something similar, which suggests something....

I really doubt Mozilla's going to support Handheld PC (Of course I want them to)
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.222 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 11