x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

~Q~
~Q~ Page Icon Posted 2007-09-11 5:01 PM
#
so i was tinkering about.. (btw i totally need to reinstalled.. but thats for later) and i thought to myself... what the hell lets try to get vlc to work... installed it with

ipkg install vlc-gpe

it intalled fine.. when i try to open it through the terminal... i get a weird error

"Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_eidget_set_size_request: assertion 'width >= -1'
failed"

try to open with teh run command.. nothing...

but if i try to open like i would with mplayer (mplayer movie.avi), it opens vlc... i don't have a compatible movie on here to test out.. but my .3pg played (without sound of course) fine...

there may be hope!
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2007-10-01 11:50 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

I would try compiling it -- what distro are you using?
 Top of the page
Qkall Page Icon Posted 2007-10-04 10:32 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

RTFM's icewm familiar linux.
 Top of the page
Qkall Page Icon Posted 2007-11-12 6:00 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

so after a couple of weeks of forgetting about this... i began messing with vlc again... i got mp3's to work fine! a couple of weird things tho... its sluggish and doesn't work if the file your playing isn't in a directory with other similar files... no idea why, but it just doesn't...

however, i found it was much more stable than mocp when multitasking... however, again, it's incredibly sluggish.. more so than having firefox open. (i used gaim as a point of reference). Tomorrow i play to get an avi and see how it works compared to mplayer...
 Top of the page
Qkall Page Icon Posted 2007-11-21 12:18 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

another update... i've been using the gpe lately... and vlc will not work on it at all... no clue why or anything... tried all the means i know (which isn't much)... going back to icewm for this reason and some others...
 Top of the page
Qkall Page Icon Posted 2007-12-02 1:37 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

so i decided to dl a flash video and try to play it... it works in both the gpe and icewm with RTFM's new "final" build... icewm worked a bit faster but both skipped frames every 5 seconds or so.. but sound worked great... had some errors on the console something about "cpu too slow"... tis hope!

so when ever PS remembers, or more importantly, has time... the properly compiled version should work better, maybe?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 19 - Executed queries : 53