x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

The "Forum ideas / Bugs / Request" thread

[Frozen]
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Next »
Frozen
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-12-19 9:26 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Ok,

A few of you may have experienced posting problems yesterday evening, the problem is now long fixed. I hope that no one was too inconvenienced.

I have made further changed to the new thread / reply screen to try and remind some of the forgetful users around here (my self included I will have to admit). To log in before posting. There is now a "Registered? Log-in" prompt.

Also because of this, and because of abuse by certain individuals. I have made changes to the guest log-in now so that you have to specify your own name if you wish to post as a guest - before you didn't have to type anything in the guest name box.
Now it will not allow you to post at all until you fill in the necessaries. Anyone who clicks submit, and hasn't done so. Will not see anything happen in their browser.

I don't think that I can make it any easier, fairer or clearer than that. If I can, I'd be interested in your ideas - as always.
 Top of the page Quote Reply
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2004-12-19 12:06 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I'm for a "lighter" version of the forum page and a smaller logo that is HVGA friendly.
Granted, the HPC logo is only 3.49 KB .. ... Its the *P H Y S I C A L S I Z E* that matters ...

C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-12-19 12:19 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

A HPC version is in the pipe line, the most pointed part of that though will be to make it work under Pro, which it currently doesn't. the UI is currently secondary.
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2004-12-19 1:48 PM
#
H/PC Elder

C-Amie - 2004-10-15 7:53 AM

Alas no. If it were as simple as HTML I would have sorted it. The issue is with the HTTP 1.1 protocol. Pro and lower are 1.0 only. Which leads to problems as the entire forum is bolted together using an astonishing array of functions, includes and the like.

Now this is interesting ... on this page itself, when we view source, the only "includes" are the text in the discussion threads. Isn't the "include" statements or declarations processed server side? How would that affect the HTTP level itself?

Some of the BBS apps can actually be set to spew out http 1.0 headers etc as well ... not sure about the one in use currently though.
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-12-19 3:37 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

OK Mr. Rolley eye at me.

It isn't as black and white as you make it out to be. The I/O from the forum in the browser has to be interpreted by the SSID, Cookie, ASPSID that the server requests back.

The output templates are all written to hunt for HTTP 1.1 headders to pull data out of the user session and ensure that the integrity of the Input isn't limited.
Then there is the issue of the keep alive and a Server that is expecting HTTP1.1 back chat.

If you wanted get real technical with me. There is no IETF standard for HTTP\1.0, just 0.9 and 1.1. Fun!
If you want more have a read of RFC2616

I'm working on it.

Edit: My 500th Post.
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-12-27 6:56 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Hahahahahahahaha
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-12-27 6:59 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

PS's post into the thread just sent me an email. So it does indeed seem to be working.
Are people getting alterts on new PM's? (You have to set it up in Control Panel)
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-12-31 4:28 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

In an effort to try and encourage more community users to get involved as a open member of the community. Forum registration is now required to post into the Off-topic thread.

This will not effect registered users in any way.
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-12-31 5:49 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I do not get email notification if I am sent a PM.
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-12-31 9:15 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Umm, any ideas? Is it possible that Yahoo/SBC would block MegaBBS emails? As my address is correct and even receives junk mail...hehe.

Also, are the admin's doing a lot of uploading? As the server is going very slow and when trying to reply to this thread I got this message:

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0126'

Include file not found

/forums/includes/custom-header.asp, line 4

The include file '/homepage/ssi/headder/headder.inc' was not found.
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-12-31 9:27 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Artemis is in the process of crashing, nothing I can do. 3,400 miles away.

It will be looked into tomorrow. I suggest you go celebrate new year. Until then, hammering the forum is just going to cause the site to drop out.
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-12-31 9:39 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I happen to be going out to see a movie right now . The server seems to be responding a bit faster now...but I won't plan to do any hammering. 3,400 miles away...hmm isn't that as far as an Apple store is from you...Apple is American...let me piece this together...lol!
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-01-01 11:06 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Other than the fact that I don't receive emails for PM's , I was wondering if there was a mod out there for MegaBBS that allows editing of PM's? Or at least the fact that it shouldn't be counting PM's that you sent and deleted before they were picked up - an easy way to rack up the PM number.
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-01-02 9:20 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I am currently content with the PM system.
You should treat it like email. Don't press sent & receive until you are sure you want to send it.
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-01-02 3:39 PM
#
H/PC Elder

2 things. I don't know if you can fix this, but the delete button on the top left-hand side doesn't work on my 720. The bottom left one does, so this isn't a problem.

Can I get the PM's to work through npop?
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Next »
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 9