x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

The "Forum ideas / Bugs / Request" thread

[Frozen]
« Prev ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... Next »
Frozen
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-14 10:55 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

WOW PRETTY COOL IDEA!
 Top of the page Quote Reply
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-06-14 11:08 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Hey, don't shout, cmonex!
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-06-15 12:11 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Hey, thanks for the suggestion, KBoyKool .. That really helps...
CE Geek, dont intimidate cmonex, she probably JUST FORGOT TO TURN OFF CAPS LOCK...

-Just Kidding

Edited by tenjeangosi 2006-06-15 12:13 AM
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-06-16 7:10 AM
#
Can i suggest an RSS feed for the forums? (i tried searching off-topic for "RSS" and found nothing)

This would be useful for those of us using expensive GPRS to catch up quickly (in the UK it costs a fortune).
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-06-16 10:39 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

torch Page Icon Posted 2006-06-17 12:01 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Okay, three spam posts just in the last 3 hours... I think our spam problem is increasing...

Edited by tenjeangosi 2006-06-17 12:03 AM
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-06-18 1:31 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Thx KBoyKool for the tip about the URL. The search function only has choices of 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 6 months, and one year. Now I can control the exact number of days to search. TWO THUMBS UP!! bOd
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-06-18 7:19 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

There is an RSS box on the bottom left of every single page on HPC:Factor
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-18 8:24 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

takwu - 2006-06-18 7:31 AM

Thx KBoyKool for the tip about the URL. The search function only has choices of 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 6 months, and one year. Now I can control the exact number of days to search. TWO THUMBS UP!! bOd

wrong - you can search from any day to any day in the forum search box. check it out
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-06-20 1:04 AM
#
H/PC Elder

That RSS box is admittedly hard to notice.

cmonex I never use that... so complicated
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-06-25 3:03 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Ok, in a user's profile, can other IM sections be added? (i.e. an 'other IM service' section...
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-06-25 8:31 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I wanted to add Skype to it, but it's an awful lot of work to do it and at the moment it isn't a priority.
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-25 10:54 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

takwu - 2006-06-20 7:04 AM

That RSS box is admittedly hard to notice.

cmonex I never use that... so complicated

complicated doesn't mean it doesn't exist anyway not complicated at all, just give two dates, and that's it
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-07-01 2:54 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Ok, 5 spam posts in one night... I have a suggestion that is a bit blunt, but maybe make cmonex a global mod, and/or all the mods global mods? I think it would help, maybe..

Edited by tenjeangosi 2006-07-01 3:06 AM
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-07-01 7:54 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Here is an equally blunt reply.

I think you should stop attempting to suggest what we should and should not do, especially when you are suggesting things which are blatant and have been stated before.
I also want to point out that as these posts came in at nearly 0800 BST, and so far today I am the first person with moderation authority to have come onto the forum, your suggestion would not have helped in the slightest to prevent the whole 5 spam posts! No may be about it.

5 spam posts is not a problem. The owners do not see the current level of junk posts as a problem, the owners will not be disabling guest posting at this point, the owners do not discuss moderation decisions or moderation appointments.

I'm sorry folks, but that's the way that it is.
Deleting the odd daily spam that we get takes less than 60 seconds of my time all-in, and I hasten to highlight that it is my time that is largely being taken up, and with the exception of the needs of cmonex and chark does not impact any of you in the slightest.

I know that you all mean well and are looking out for the best interests of the forum - I really do appreciate and respect you all for it, however I am tiring of the constant stream of people telling me over different mediums what we should do as if for some reason I am of such a low intellect that I could not have considered it before.

I can't move any faster at bolstering our defences than PD9 are prepared to move at from the development side. I do not have the time to sit down and recode the forum kernel to implement my own system and doing so would currently be a waste of my time when in reality there is so little to gain from doing it.

Being quite frank with you all, I would rather spammers attack the gust posting system than they go after the user registration system and go on to the BBS that way. As if someone can find an exploit to that, we would be disabling the entire forum; which I doubt any of you want.

There is one thing that I would encourage you all to do, and I have suggested this before in a off-topic thread. Please scan your PC's for malware. I'm increasingly of the belief that the pharmaceutical spam we are getting was originally drawn to us by a malware infection on a visitors system. I am not for a second implying that any forum user is or was directly responsible for this or apportioning any degree of blame. Based upon what I know however, this is a strong contender.
« Prev ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... Next »
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.191 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 8