x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

The "Forum ideas / Bugs / Request" thread

[Frozen]
« Prev ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 Next »
Frozen
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-09-11 8:18 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

C:Amie - 2006-09-11 4:36 AM

tenjeangosi, it's a fair suggestion, you don't actually need my input to do it though...
I'll add them to the RSS output list.

Okay, thank you very much C:Amie, I appreciate this much ...
 Top of the page Quote Reply
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-09-11 8:34 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

They are now on the RSS output list.
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-09-11 4:39 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Yeah, I saw them and I am using them now in Opera 9...
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-09-11 6:01 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

All working nicely?
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-09-12 1:55 PM
#
Just a suggestion based on similar forums...

How about, under each OS section (CE 3, CE.net...) having subforums for device specific discussion?

e.g. Windows CE 3.00, Subforums: Jornada 720, MobilePro 900
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-09-12 3:09 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If I could sub forum this board, things would be a lot better organised than they are now. There would be more specific support areas, forums for each H/PC *nix distro and so on. Alas I cannot do it as the kernel does not support it.

I wouldn't be inclinded to sub division the forum into Device categories though, it was for very specific reasons that I went OS level to begin with. People don't need any assistance of thinking of Windows CE in terms of device, they can do that on their own. If we did that we would have a Prism 2.5 thread for each and every device on the catalogue (and have you seen how big the catalogue is?). There is no need to do this save in a very small % of support threads that go on the board.

You don't go to experts exchange and ask how to install software on a Dell Dimension XPS 550, you ask how to install software onto Windows XP. I see CE (save complications from CE .net) no differently.

The original forums that this site had back in 2000 were organised like that, as are PPCMag's. All the posts on it are for the Jornada 720. If you want support for a MobilePro, you're not going to read those posts even though 99% of it is completely relevant to yuor device. You also have the syndrom that the Jornada forums are full, the NEC forums are casual and board for anything else are deserted.

That's bad publicity
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-09-12 5:59 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie - 2006-09-12 9:09 PM

All the posts on it are for the Jornada 720. If you want support for a MobilePro, you're not going to read those posts even though 99% of it is completely relevant to yuor device. You also have the syndrom that the Jornada forums are full, the NEC forums are casual and board for anything else are deserted.

nah, no, it is the other way around, people usually post in the mobilepro section, jornada section is almost dead i know, i visit that board frequently, and i usuall post in the mobilepro area as that's where the people are it applies to even me, i started posting there more often when i got my first 900. no idea why
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-09-12 6:31 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It doesn't matter in the slightest which way around it is You just proved my point perfectly though, thank-you.
Half-Saint Page Icon Posted 2006-09-13 3:27 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

There seem to be a lot of questions of the same type. It would be very very useful, if the best solutions posted could be compiled in one (or more) threads that'd then be turned to "sticky". That way people wouldn't have to search through a myriad of posts to find a solution to their problem. I'm surprised the moderators here haven't done that already! If it's too much work, I can help

Cheers
SainT
chiark Page Icon Posted 2006-09-13 3:51 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Go on then, start the list and we'll see how it progresses

I like stickies/FAQs, but the corollory is that we don't want to stifle discussion.
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-09-13 5:09 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Merged into the sticky thread
Half-Saint Page Icon Posted 2006-09-15 8:02 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

chiark - 2006-09-13 9:51 AM

Go on then, start the list and we'll see how it progresses

Well I already started by writing a guide on how to install Cisco Aironet 340 WLAN card

Cheers
SainT
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-09-21 2:43 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Ok, another suggestion.. This is just something I think would be nice to have, but that does not mean HPC:Factor has to.. Ok, I am using a public computer right now, and when I logged in, the 'Remember my password' box seemed to be checked by default.. If I had not logged out to make sure, someone could, theoretically get into my account.. I know I could just 'uncheck' the option, but sometimes, I do not check, so my suggestion, if possible is to make the 'Remember my Password' box off by default.. Again, this is not a priority, but would be convinient..

Edited by tenjeangosi 2006-09-21 2:44 PM
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-11-05 6:05 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If you are having problems getting password reset / lost password reminders please contact one of the admins by email (see contact on the disclaimer bar) and request your password be reset. There is currently a slight problem outside of our control with the outbound email.

Requests will be ignored if they do not come from your registered email address

This is only tempoary and we thank-you for your understanding. People who are not getting bbs notifications, it is for the same reason.
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-05-18 7:09 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Facinating... the CESD New & Updated and the Latest forum post lists on the FP have swapped over O.o CESD is now at the top :/

I have added that to my bugs list.
« Prev ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 Next »
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.199 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 9