x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Video/Audio Player for H/PC Mips 4000

timagal Page Icon Posted 2007-09-17 12:39 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone could give a hand:

I am trying to find a Video/Audio Player for my Compaq 2010c and the available options are giving me a hard time...

Both the TCPMP and the Beta Player start install but do not flush the temporary files, so the installation gets stuck in that dialog box.

I have tried to install Windows Media Player 1.2 both through the .exe file they provide, the WMNAll.exe, as well as by extracting the 640x240.mips cab, all I get is message saying it's not compatible.

The Pocket TV is also a hard bone to bite on: on their file bin there is no version for WinCe 2.0 Mips, although in the general site there is reference to such. After attempting endless times to register in order to get an eMail with the instructions for the download and a link, when I try to access it, I get a message saying the link has expired.

What can I do?

Thanks again
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2007-09-17 4:08 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

As far as PocketTV is concerned, you can try the CE 2.0 executable available from my site at this location. I haven't personally tested it myself (never had any HPC 2.0 devices), but it should work.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-09-17 8:21 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Another option for CE 2.0 is Wodeon, though it's a bit buggy. (Isn't it on your site too, mscdex? )

I haven't been able to get PocketTV to work on my Mobilon. It opens, but when I try to load an .mpg file it freezes.
 Top of the page
FROST_GIANT Page Icon Posted 2007-09-19 4:28 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Wodeon works well on my A-20 running CE 2.0, but it doesn't load videos larger than the screen and it doesn't run high bitrate stuff well at all, which I guess is to be expected from 80MHz. (I'm using Wodeon v 1.8 btw) I'll let you know how it runs on my 620LX when it eventually arrives...
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-09-19 8:07 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Yeah, the quality doesn't come close to TCPMP, though in fairness I guess this is more due to the limitations of CE 2.0 than to any bugs in the program itself.
 Top of the page
FROST_GIANT Page Icon Posted 2007-09-20 7:45 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Pocket TV, as I just noticed, is not compatible with SH-3, which rules out my A20 and 620LX. So I guess I'm stuck with wodeon
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 43 - Executed queries : 30