x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

how does a handspring with sprint phone talk to other handheld devices?

pengyou Page Icon Posted 2007-09-18 1:37 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I just purchased a sprint cell phone module for my handspring visor. As far as I know the handspring visor has ir capabilities, though I have never used them. Is it possible to have my handspring talk to my ce 1.0 and 2.0 devices? the 1.0 is a casio a4, the ce 2.0 is a cassiopeia pa2400U. If I can get it to talk to these two devices I will be able to share the sprint with all my hand held devices. I looked in the hcl and there is no phone listed that will work with 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 etc. Because of battery and memory constraints I am trying to spread my applications over all of my toys - OK, OK, it is fun to play also - and if I could use any of my hpc's to read emails well...it would be really, really cool. Actually I love to type on the casio a4's keyboard - I think it would make an awesome email machine, assuming I didn't need attachments.

I know that it is not likely that anyone out there has tried to use a handspring with sprint phone to communicate with a ce 1.0...but can someone tell me how to get started?

Thanks!

Edited by pengyou 2007-09-18 1:39 AM
 Top of the page
Jorkapp Page Icon Posted 2007-09-19 9:39 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

CE2 can communicate with most IRDA equipped phones with the Generic Driver, available here at HPC:Factor (http://www.hpcfactor.com/downloads/irda/)

No comment on CE1, sorry.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-09-19 10:57 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

CE1 is the same in this respect.

the hcl is not a good source for info on compatible phones - most are compatible.

no idea about the handspring though, sorry..

what is this casio a4 ?
 Top of the page
pengyou Page Icon Posted 2007-09-20 12:11 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Thanks! I will have to look at the device when I get it again...it is in the U.S. now being baby sat by my friend. I think it was Casio's first attempt at a hpc. It was ce 1.0 not upgradeable.not sure of the name but the keyboard is one of the best I have used in this side device. It is about the same size as the j720
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 8