x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

drivers and chipset questions

1 2 3 4
IFLY172
IFLY172 Page Icon Posted 2007-05-23 8:39 AM
#
Kettles, where did you get the hacked belkin driver, and how did you change the installation to get it to work. I have an MN-520 and NEC mobilepro 770, and would love to get it running. Thanks in advance!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-05-23 10:16 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

IFLY172 - 2007-05-23 2:39 PM

Kettles, where did you get the hacked belkin driver, and how did you change the installation to get it to work. I have an MN-520 and NEC mobilepro 770, and would love to get it running. Thanks in advance!

your 770 runs ce 2.11 (hpc pro) so this thread is not relevant for you

go here http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/h/0028.asp and use 1.07.37 version for hpc pro. driver name is prismnds
 Top of the page
IFLY172
IFLY172 Page Icon Posted 2007-05-23 11:11 AM
#
Kettles, thanks for the info. I was so excited to find this forum, I jumped the gun and started asking questions without searching the forum first. Incidentally, I tried all the info contained in this thread, and seem to be at least halfway there (the HPC is talking to the card). Now I just need to get in range of my AP and test connectivity. I'll check out the recommended thread too. Thanks again!
 Top of the page
bmgaspard
bmgaspard Page Icon Posted 2007-06-05 1:34 AM
#
I have a Linksys WPC11 v3 and am getting the same error.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-06-05 6:06 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

IFLY172, I rewrote the belkin installer years ago to correct the error, it's in the CESD.

I wasn't able to get my WPC11 working under a MIPS VR4xxx based IBM z50 with any driver what so ever. It wouldn't have it. Like cmonex says, the device is 2.11 so discussion should be made elsewhere than here. Please ensure that you install the PCMCIA update for the 770 first though!
 Top of the page
Stephen
Stephen Page Icon Posted 2007-07-24 1:55 PM
#
Can you help me? -- I have an HP Jornada 720 and a 2Wire wireless PCMCIA card. This article sounds perfect, but I do not know where to download the drivers/setup utility from for CE 2.11, etc. Where would I find the download or can you e-mail them to me?: stephenbrehm@yahoo.com
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-07-24 2:51 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

This is the Agere reference driver, which that card uses:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/h/0031.asp

This is the CE 3 version, which is the one the 720 needs (not 2.11).
 Top of the page
SirThoreth Page Icon Posted 2007-08-01 2:34 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I just started having the same issue with my MA401 on my 620LX, using the Prism 2.5 driver, where it connects to my access point, but seems to be unable to either connect to a DNS server or get an IP address. Usually, it doesn't occur immediately, nor does it occur with my 360LX or my 880. Also, when I pop the card out, the Prism connection software doesn't immediately close.

I've got SP2 and the NSP both installed on this machine, and it does sometimes work. The PCMCIA card slot seems fine with other devices, as well, such as storage cards. Any idea what could be up?
 Top of the page
Pawel_K Page Icon Posted 2012-03-14 10:25 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello.

I've recently bought the Ambicom WL1100C-CF WiFi card. The card was bought second-hand and there was no cd with drivers included. I downloaded the drivers for my iPAQ 3630, which runs on Windows CE 3.0, from Ambicom website (http://www.ambicom.com.tw/support/WL1100C-CF.html). After successful installation, rebooting the device and plugging the WiFi card into the CF jacket, the system "hangs" for about a second, then nothing happens. When I try to start the Ambicom's WL1100x application (that is supposed to detect the card automatically right after the card is plugged in), I get the following error message: "Can not run the application, please insert your 802.11b wireless CF/PC card".

Looking for information on the Internet, I found that the card is based on Prism 2.5 chipset. Focusing my search on this information, I found this particular thread. After downloading the Intersil Prism 2.5 Reference Drivers for Windows CE 3.0 (Recommended) (http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/h/0028.asp), I repeated the whole procedure - installed the drivers and rebooted the pda. When I plugged the WiFi card, I got the message about the unrecognized card. After typing the "PRISMNDS.dll", system reacts the same way it did with the Ambicom drivers: it hangs for a second and nothing happens. When I try to start the "Wireless Config Utility", the following message box named "PRISMCFG" appears: "Unable to connect to the wireless Network Card, please insert it".

I'm really at a loss. I know that this iPAQ is ancient, but it has some sort of sentimental value for me I would be immeasurably grateful if someone could help me solve this problem.

Regards,
Pawel

Edited by Pawel_K 2012-03-14 11:03 AM
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 44 - Executed queries : 27