x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Creating New TCPMP Plugins (i.e. MikMod)

knightcrusader Page Icon Posted 2007-10-01 1:52 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi everyone, I was reloading TCPMP on my Pocket PC last night after it locked up, and I downloaded the source just for kicks. I noticed that the MikMod library was in there but isn't included in the final product. I heard the author planned on including module support before they went commercial, and I was wondering if anyone has (or knows where to find) a module plugin for TCPMP.

I have been using MilkyPlay for now, and while that works, I need something that has support for all my files in one program for my media center project. This is the last media format on my checklist that needs to be added. Then I decided I would just make it myself. I mean, it is in the source, it should be easy to compile into a plugin, right? Yeah, I wish...

I downloaded eVC4 and installed it, opened the TCPMP workspace, read the readme file, and then from there, I am lost. I have experience in C++ on the Unix/Linux side and many more years of VB6 under my belt, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to use any of Microsoft's Visual C++ releases. On top of that, I am unsure how to create a project to compile as a plugin; I have only had experience compiling executables. I have heard there is a really good book out there to work with beginners in CE development, and I will try to track down a copy of one of them. Eventually I would like to be able to add more features to TCPMP and contribute that back to the community.

I am just thinking maybe someone with experience with C++ development, especially with TCPMP, could provide us with a module plugin. I have seen a few updates already, so I know some people are still fiddling with it. I know there are other people who would love to have that functionality in their favorite media player.

Thanks,
Stephen
 Top of the page
knightcrusader Page Icon Posted 2007-10-01 1:54 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Whoops, mods... ignore the alert... I thought it was the link to alert me when there was a reply. My bad... :-(
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-10-01 9:43 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

VB6 or unix will not help here.. the book you are thinking of is that boling book. which CE version is this for? i have the ones for CE3 and 4.2, in ebook format, if you want them.
 Top of the page
knightcrusader Page Icon Posted 2007-10-02 3:59 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I know that the VB and UNIX won't help, I was just pointing out that the "same" language can be drastically different across different platforms. As for the OS, I am wanting it ported for CE 4.2 (Pocket PC 2003 for my iPaq h4355 and the base CE for my MobilePro 900c). Any help or reference material is appreciated.

Thanks,
Stephen
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-10-02 5:39 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ok send an email to contactchan at freemail.hu
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 10