x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Is there a way to install drivers for a Lucent Silver pcmcia card without a sync cable.

tmoore521
tmoore521 Page Icon Posted 2007-10-06 9:48 PM
#
Is there a way to install drivers for a Lucent Silver PCMCIA card without a sync cable. I have just purchased a Jornada 820 and know very little about the HPC ....yet. With your help maybe I get smart

Thanks
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2007-10-06 10:11 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

You can run the setup without syncing your J820. After running the setup, you just need to find the right CAB file and copyit to CF card for use on J820. You can download the driver from support and tutorial section.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-10-06 10:23 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

No problem. Download this:

<removed>

Unzip it on your PC, and then unzip the file inside it called Inflated.zip. Copy the file wireless.SA1100.CAB onto a CF card, and place the card in the CF slot of the 820. Then open up "My Handheld PC" on the 820 and navigate \Storage Card. Double-tap on the CAB file, and when you get the window asking you where you want to install it, just tap "Yes" to let it install to the default location.

Now insert the Lucent card into the PCMCIA slot, and if you get a window asking you for a driver name, type in WLAGS46. The card should now work. (You may have to remove and reinsert the card and/or soft reset before it actually begins detecting wireless networks.)

Edited by C:Amie
 Top of the page
tmoore521
tmoore521 Page Icon Posted 2007-10-07 12:30 AM
#
Thanks .... Worked like a charm. I had to mount and unmount the WiFi card 3 or 4 times but it started and found my wireless system OK. Is there a place where these helpful hints are kept ... like a website etc? Whee can I find software for this oldie but goodie?

Thanks Tom
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-10-07 2:11 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

tmoore521 - 2007-10-06 9:30 PM

Is there a place where these helpful hints are kept ... like a website etc?

Uh, here?

Check the links under "Support & Tutorials."
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-10-07 9:54 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I have edited out the URL to the driver because I'm trying to keep direct file links to a minimum because I'll be changing the store locations soon. I want to minimise dead links after I do it.

Please fetch drivers from the HCL or CESD. The driver in this case is from: http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/h/0031.asp
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-10-07 4:02 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Understood. I'll remember to link the pages instead in the future.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.142 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 8