x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Trade: Mobilepro 900c for mobilepro 900

Guyturf Page Icon Posted 2005-04-19 10:57 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I have a mobilepro 900c that I'm considering trading for a mobilepro 900. I know that it is a step down, but after having run my 780 for so long I've found myself frustrated with not being able to run some of my favourite software.

So...

If you are interested in saving yourself the cost of the upgrade from ce2000 to ce.net, let me know and we'll see if something can be worked out.

Thanks!
Guyturf
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2005-04-19 5:33 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I wouldn't call it a step down...I'd call it a lateral move.

Out of curiousity...what are your favorite programs that are no longer any good?

Rich

Edited by Rich Hawley 2005-04-19 5:36 PM
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-04-19 6:00 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Yeah I'm curious too, as I just moved from my J728 to the SmartBook. HPC2000 to CE.net, same StrongARM processor. So far I haven't found too many programs that work on one by not the other.

Flash was hacked to work on the Jornada but of course it doesn't work on the SmartBook, and I have not found an alternative I really wanted to see if it's any faster (it was too slow on the J).

Sorry we sorta hi-jacked this and turned it into another HPC2000 vs CE.NET debate
 Top of the page
Uncle Ben Page Icon Posted 2005-04-20 9:31 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Hey, Guy, I know it's your turf, but share this with us, because I too would like to hear more about your experience and which applications didn't work on the 900C. I was considering getting the upgrade, primarily because of the IE application; but your post has definitely chilled that thought.
 Top of the page
Guyturf Page Icon Posted 2005-04-20 8:55 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

The key app for me that doesn't work is Laridian's pocketBible.

I have a large investment in books and software there and it doesn't work for the 900c at this point, nor did they give me reason to be optimistic that they would be working on it any time soon.

Second I wanted to use pocket on-schedule, but it doesn't work either. Installs fine, but missing libraries.

Third, I've noticed some serious keyboard lag with textmaker. No problems in any other apps, but typing at high speed it sometimes drops letters or lags badly.

All that being said, the novelty of ce.net and the need for the better IE is not really that important to me, and I'd rather have the use of all the great software that works on ce 2000 including the above.

It's a good machine, just doesn't really fit my primary needs. hpc 2000 will handle the limited browsing I'd like to do, and I prefer the built in PIM and software of that to what is included in Ce.net as well.

Guyturf
 Top of the page
Guyturf Page Icon Posted 2005-05-02 5:33 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

If anyone out there is still interested, the 900c is a good machine, just not for my purposes.

I'm interested in basically an even swap, 900c for 900, so you would come out ahead if you chose to go for it, and it'll save you the $150 upgrade to 900c if you wanted the updated browser etc that goes with it.

In other words, I have a 900c and want a 900. Sweet deal by any measure.

Let me know!
Guyturf
 Top of the page
Terry Page Icon Posted 2005-06-01 6:52 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Helllo
I have a Mobilepro 900c and want to upgrade to the CE.Net. I bought the upgrade
several weeks back but apparentely UPS lost the order(they show delivery).
If I am facing having to buy anoyher upgrade maybe a trade would work. Do you
still have your unit?
Terry
 Top of the page
Guyturf Page Icon Posted 2005-06-17 10:27 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Sorry for taking so long to reply Terry, I hadn't seen your post for some reason.

I think I've decided to keep the mobilepro 900c after all, I've solved some of my problems, and learned to live with some of the others.

CE agenda is filling my daytimer needs, olivetree's Bible software is filling the place of pocketBible, and I have grown to love pocketMVP for music.

I still hate the built in calendar design, but I'm learning to live with it when I have to.

The automatic use of USB for internet connection is cool though.

I still haven't figured out networking with my desktop, however my wired card works flawlessly at my inlaws to connect to the hi-speed connection through their router without any setup at all.

All in all, I've become very pleased with the 900c, it just took a while to grow on me.

The other key factor for me is the ability to plug in my hub and use my usb hard drive. I think if ce2000 can/could handle that, I'd still consider the trade anyways, but I've head that ce2000 cannot handle usb drives.

If you could confirm for me that it can indeed handle usb 2.0 external harddrives and usb key drives, I might still consider the trade, let me know. I still miss pocketBible especially, but I will wait to hear from you on the issue of drives before I decide.

Guyturf

Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-06-18 5:33 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Guyturf - 2005-06-17 7:27 AM
I still haven't figured out networking with my desktop, however my wired card works flawlessly at my inlaws to connect to the hi-speed connection through their router without any setup at all.

If you mean directly connecting it to your desktop thru their ethernet cards, you could buy a cross-over network cable. Otherwise it is usually done by connecting both computers to a network hub, with normal cables.
I don't want to turn the thread off-topic, so if you have further questions you're welcome to start a new thread on it
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 12