x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

lost files sharp mobilon HC4600

taffy Page Icon Posted 2007-10-09 1:55 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi,

I have a query. Can software be used to recover a lost data file in word?
or is it just for images?

I have a sharp mobilon hc4600, and it seems I have lost a file in word, after both batteries were disconnected. Thus I need a way of recovering the file from the unit's memory.

I hope you can help with some advice.

thanks in anticipation,
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2007-10-09 1:57 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

If i understand you correctly

this was a file saved in the units memory, unlike a hardrive or flash memory, after disconecting both batterys the unit hard resets wiping anything that was in memory prior... no way to recover.

sorry for the bad news

Edited by thcrw739 2007-10-09 2:02 PM
 Top of the page
taffy Page Icon Posted 2007-10-09 2:16 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

yes, you understood correctly. I bought the machine used with no manual, and there is no sticker or other warning about the possibility of losing information. Out of ignorance I assumed information was stored on the machine. I guess the question is whether the memory can be scanned in any way to recover the files? any suggestions helpful .....
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2007-10-09 2:25 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

There isnt any recovery/scanning device that i know of, and as far as i am aware that unlike a hd, or certain othwer types of storage the memory in an hpc doesnt leave any traces of or files...

it needs power to store the information wich is why the back up battery is there also..

any total loss of power will cause it to get wiped complety like it was brand new
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-10-09 2:58 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

you need to buy a CF card and store your files to that so power loss wont cause any damage to them.
 Top of the page
taffy Page Icon Posted 2007-10-09 3:00 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

ok , I am sorry to hear the bad news. but thanks anyway. If anyone has anything to add, please post.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-10-09 6:12 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

You can also back up what's in RAM onto the PC in ActiveSync, ot use a third-party utility to back it up onto the CF card.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 9