x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

ORiNOCO Silver PC24E-H-FC (802.11b)

ravenloft2 Page Icon Posted 2007-10-15 7:00 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Could someone please assist. I have just acquired this card for my 900c.

I have Cmonex V1.0 ROM installed. I have the drivers for Lucent/Agere Systems installed.

Now, I am able to see the SSID published, but my card does not obtain an IP address. So, I tried to force one, and yet it still refuses to see my router. I have removed all restrictions from my router but to no avail.

This card was in the Hardware compatibility.

The newly installed ROM should have support for this card, and it did recognize it.

Thanks.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-10-15 8:33 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i assume your router has B mode enabled?
 Top of the page
ravenloft2 Page Icon Posted 2007-10-15 8:53 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

fixed
 Top of the page
arlex Page Icon Posted 2011-06-02 7:18 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

ravenloft2 - 2007-10-15 3:53 PM

fixed

How did you fix it ravenloft2? Please share with me your solution, I'm in a similar situation, i.e. getting no dhcp IP and the signal strength is showing "no signal" although placed next to the router. I suspect that this has to do with the limitation of the card to a wep key of only 64 bit ("Silver", while my router is set for 128bit. But normally this should have nothing to do with the zero level signal strength .

Aiming for 128 bit wep key, would that imply a firmware upgrade of the card or do I have a simpler choice? Thank you!

I realize that my question comes nearly 4 years later and ravenloft2 might not be around. Anybody else please, any idea (except changing the wep-key on the router)?

Edit1: sorry, I forgot to mention NEC900C with cmonex v2 ROM, the card got recognized immediately after insertion.

Edit2: the card works all right with the wep key removed from the router and the signal strength is very good. Hm, I did not expect the displayed signal strength to be related to the non-recognition of the wep-key.
It looks that I have no choice but to do a firmware upgrade for this Orinoco card.

Edited by arlex 2011-06-02 8:02 PM
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2011-06-02 11:13 PM
#
H/PC Elite

arlex - 2011-06-02 7:18 PM

ravenloft2 - 2007-10-15 3:53 PM

fixed

How did you fix it ravenloft2? Please share with me your solution, I'm in a similar situation, i.e. getting no dhcp IP and the signal strength is showing "no signal" although placed next to the router. I suspect that this has to do with the limitation of the card to a wep key of only 64 bit ("Silver", while my router is set for 128bit. But normally this should have nothing to do with the zero level signal strength .

Aiming for 128 bit wep key, would that imply a firmware upgrade of the card or do I have a simpler choice? Thank you!

I realize that my question comes nearly 4 years later and ravenloft2 might not be around. Anybody else please, any idea (except changing the wep-key on the router)?

Edit1: sorry, I forgot to mention NEC900C with cmonex v2 ROM, the card got recognized immediately after insertion.

Edit2: the card works all right with the wep key removed from the router and the signal strength is very good. Hm, I did not expect the displayed signal strength to be related to the non-recognition of the wep-key.
It looks that I have no choice but to do a firmware upgrade for this Orinoco card.
did you read the date that post was released? Nearly FOUR YEARS AGO?!
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-06-03 12:11 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Yes arlex did...he already apologized for it in his post.

Arlex, ravenloft2 had stated that he had removed all of the encryption...so are you saying it started to work for you after you did the same? ravenloft2 was also using v1.

Edited by Yoldering 2011-06-03 12:14 AM
 Top of the page
arlex Page Icon Posted 2011-06-03 4:56 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Yoldering - 2011-06-02 7:11 PM

Yes arlex did...he already apologized for it in his post.

Arlex, ravenloft2 had stated that he had removed all of the encryption...so are you saying it started to work for you after you did the same? ravenloft2 was also using v1.

Thank you Yoldering. I'm using v2, while ravenloft2 reported v1.
In my case it started to work after removing the wep-key completely to open non-secured wifi network, as opposite to ravenloft2. Therefore I asked (so late) for the cure he has found.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-06-03 1:11 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Well, cmonex asked him if his router had B mode enabled. Does yours?

On a separate note...I don't think it is a good option to go without encryption even though WEP is almost worthless.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 10