x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Microdrive won't fit?

Millstone1 Page Icon Posted 2007-10-26 9:17 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Bought a microdrive but it seems that it is a Type II which won't fit. I realize I should have checked this earlier but oh well. When I looked again I realized all I could find were type II, what am I doing wrong?

If someone could point me towards a microdrive that would fit I'd be very thankful.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-10-26 9:34 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

fit in..........which device?
 Top of the page
Millstone1 Page Icon Posted 2007-10-26 9:45 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Jornada 720... and I just saw I posted 3 times! Damned interenet kept cutting out.

And after searching I realized that a CF II won't fit. I'd like to save the PCMCIA for a wireless card so can you retrofit the CFI to CFII?

Edited by Millstone1 2007-10-26 10:01 PM
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2007-10-26 10:39 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Sure. What you have to do is take the cf slots outer door casing off. Its held in by 2 small screws and press fit. After thats off, insert microdrive onto the pins and seat the microdrive. You will need electrical tape to hold the drive in place however. Or get crafty with thin metal and make your own custom door cover.

720degrees.org had pictures of a custom one they were going to market, but it fell through and the picture links are dead.

Cheers.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2007-10-27 10:13 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Well, actually here in Japan they do sell custom cover slot for 720... I remember seeing it somewhere.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 42 - Executed queries : 30