x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Pocket word to default save as .doc

BANE not logged in
BANE not logged in Page Icon Posted 2005-04-23 11:21 AM
#
Hey.
I recently bought an Arrurite Travel 120 pcmcia Floppy driver for my jornada 720. I use it for uni work and essays and such, so I save mainly word documents on there. However, If I save something I type in pocket word, if (obviously lol) saves as .pwd by default, so when I open it on the disk in university, i can't read it. I know all I have to do is srcoll down file types, and save it as word 97 .doc, but my question is , can I have it save as word 97 .doc by default instead of PWD, cause the jornada can open .doc files, but without conversion, PC's can't open .pwd.

Hope that makes sense...

..........IB a n e
 Top of the page
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-04-23 3:43 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Hi Bane,

I just searched the Registry, You can change the Default font, and what Word can read/write, but I can't find anything about the default save, I'll keep searchin....

Nick
 Top of the page
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-04-23 4:02 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Ok, Search all of the registry (I think) and I can't find anything to do with Default Doc's, The defaults fonts cool though , Kinda off topic but is there any registry editing ActiveX's?

Sorry can't find anything

Nick
 Top of the page
BANE (not logged in)
BANE (not logged in) Page Icon Posted 2005-04-23 4:10 PM
#
Wow, thank you very much for the effort mate. I shall take a look around the registry too. Although I could kick off my lazy boots, and just SELECT .doc from the list!

Cheers for the quick responce again mate,

.....IB a n e
 Top of the page
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-04-23 6:30 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I couldn't find anything in the registry, but there should be something in there. If Microsoft could be bothered to put a default font in, it should be there someware? Just got to find it

Where did you get the floppy drive from? It could be usefull to me Could you send me a photo of it?

Cheers

Nick
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9