x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Ericsson MC16 keyboard trouble

Mattias
Mattias Page Icon Posted 2007-10-30 2:21 PM
#
Hi, I recently got my hands on a mc16 and it seems to be working fine, most of the time.

The thing is this, sometimes the "n"-button and the "b"-button produce some strange input. That is they print a combination of characters instead of the only "n" or "b". The "n" and "b" key produce "6tyg" and "4r" respectively. But somtimes they work ok.

What could be at fault here? Could there be something wrong with a driver or is the system just busted? Thank you for your replies.

/Mattias
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-10-31 5:19 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

There could be a sporadic short in the keyboard itself. It is not likely to be a driver issue if it is occasional.

I have some replacement MC12 keyboards at home, they are identical to the MC16's (again if memory serves). It also seems that I did put them on hpcBay:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=2687&pos...
 Top of the page
Mattias
Mattias Page Icon Posted 2007-10-31 10:58 AM
#
Now how would one open up this device? I can't seem to find any screws
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-10-31 11:44 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You need a Torx 5 screw driver, in the main battery compartment (may be beneath "warranty void if removed" stickers). After that is just unclips for the most part.
 Top of the page
Mattias
Mattias Page Icon Posted 2007-10-31 6:01 PM
#
Actually now that I've played around with this thing a bit more I think there might actually be something wrong with the entire circuitry or something

It gets quite unresponsive after a period of usage. Mainly the screen stops responding properly. Any thoughts on what could cause this, any fixable thing that is

Could using 1.5V batteries cause some kind of overload? I'm just guessing since the rechargable kind is usually at 1.2V.

By the way... if you would know such a thing. What are the specs on the power adapter for mc16?

Thank you for your time

Oh yeah... now this is kind of not a Windows CE problem any more sorry.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-11-03 7:34 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

1.5V should be fine...

power adapter: 1.5A @ 5.25V (you can use less amperage though), and ----( + ) ) ---- ( - )

Edited by cmonex 2007-11-03 7:35 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 43 - Executed queries : 27