x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

An Explorer replacement to boost your 900C !

1 2
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2007-10-31 12:38 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Cmonex V2 ROM is certainly the most powerful package ever made for any HPC. Many things have been improved thanks to her hard work.
But the 900c still feels slower than some older HPC2000 devices: it is due to the sluggish CE.net 4.20 explorer, which is slow as hell...

So I decided to find a workaround to make my 900c as fast as a Jornada 720 when opening files and folders: that's the purpose of my new "Explorer Classic Package".

This package implements a much faster Explorer, which is similar to the HPC2000 File Explorer. Of course, you can bypass the standard CE.net file explorer and use a powerful File Manager instead (like GSFinder+ or TotalCommander, which are both in Cmonex V2 ROM). They are nice for advanced file operations, but they will not replace a lightning fast and simple file manager like the HPC2000 Explorer... So HPC Explorer Classic is an HPC2000 inspired Explorer for daily use, based on the KISS principle (Keep It Simple, Stupid): speed and simplicity are the only objectives.

This release is for the NEC 900c with Cmonex V2 ROM only: don't try to install this package on any other device... If you installed my "Skin Fix" for Cmonex V2 ROM, you must uninstall it first: rename Commctrl.dll.0409.mui and Coredll.dll.0409.mui to something else, and uninstall my skin fix. Soft-reset your 900c before installing HPC Explorer Classic.

The installation is a 2 step process: please read the "Readme" file first.

Download link:
http://rapidshare.com/files/66527949/HPCEx_for_Cmonex_V2ROM.zip.htm...

(HPCEx1.jpg)

(HPCEx2.jpg)

(HPCEx3.jpg)

(HPCEx4.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments HPCEx1.jpg (53KB - 1 downloads)
Attachments HPCEx2.jpg (38KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments HPCEx3.jpg (44KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments HPCEx4.jpg (52KB - 1 downloads)
 Top of the page
Dan Page Icon Posted 2007-10-31 1:46 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Congratulations! An other great app! Just installed, now I have to get used to the way it deletes files
 Top of the page
hagisbasheruk Page Icon Posted 2007-10-31 2:04 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Nice one Geared , i look forward to trying it out next week when i get my Mobile Pro 900c from the USA,i may even hack it up to run on the Gizmondo
 Top of the page
frisser Page Icon Posted 2007-10-31 2:53 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

EXCELLENT!!!

It really is a speed boost.
 Top of the page
Guyturf Page Icon Posted 2007-10-31 3:26 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

amazing... tree view rocks! I love it.
 Top of the page
rbsfou Page Icon Posted 2007-10-31 6:57 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I just got back late from a trip up north, but i'll definitely give it a go (and hopefully cmonex will like it enough to include it in her ROM). You've definitely got something special going here, none of the other file managers are a full on explorer / desktop replacement!

Send To is a feature greatly underused on desktop windows, and the "send to folder..choose one" hasn't been seen since win 9x powertoys to my knowledge - this is a great move, imagine dumping something in \windows without having to open another window, can't wait! Would love to see "open folder in cmd prompt" and "open executable in cmd prompt" type "send to's" if you can do it - also a favourite list on the send to dialogue - you might frequently want to copy stuff to \windows or \my documents for example.

If this had full file compression / decompression capabilities, this would be truely orgasmic!

Did you write it from scratch? V.Impressed with feature list - i've done some C++ on Unix at university, but i can't make head nor tail of eVC++ (guess you need to learn how the objects work, the opening hooks for an app, how to use the mfc objects to create windows buttons etc, all that crap, first...)

Do you have a paypal donation facility Geared? Seems only fair for you to get a cut of the donations intended for cmonex's rom, as you are responsible for much of the visual improvements (lets not forget hpc media player, and of course this too)
 Top of the page
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2007-11-01 3:35 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Thanks for your kind comments...
There is no real innovation in this project, just several "incremental improvements" using some very basic tricks and combinations. The "Send To/ Move To" command is nothing new : GSFinder+ and TotalCommander already have a similar feature.
Again, my only purpose was speed : this explorer is very fast because of its very small size (thus it does have some limitations). For advanced file operations, I really recommend GSFinder+.
Rbsfou, if what you want is a powerful File Manager with added features, you can use GSFinder+ as a starting point. The source code is freely available, so anyone can improve it : Greensoftware made the original version and M. Toda improved it, but the project has been abandoned 2 years ago. I can send you the source code if you need it.
 Top of the page
Bensawsome Page Icon Posted 2007-11-01 11:42 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Would you like me to post it on my site?
 Top of the page
gromozekin Page Icon Posted 2007-11-01 12:49 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

mmmmm...
this pack rules!
 Top of the page
rgisondi Page Icon Posted 2007-11-05 4:56 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Geared2003 the file is no more avaliable can you upload it again?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-11-05 5:24 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh yes about paypal donations, Geared2003, i wanted to ask you if you want a donation link on the hosting page for you on my site
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-11-05 5:57 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Guyturf - 2007-10-31 12:26 PM

amazing... tree view rocks! I love it.

For a sec there I thought you were talking about the wallpaper.
 Top of the page
Dan Page Icon Posted 2007-11-05 6:17 PM
#
H/PC Elite

LOL
 Top of the page
Bensawsome Page Icon Posted 2007-11-05 6:34 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

This is AWSOME!!!
Oh and here is a link on my site for this:
http://bensawsome.fr33webhost.com/MP900%20Site/Downloads/HPCEx_for_Cmonex_V2ROM.zip
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-11-05 7:39 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

link isnt working
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.281 - Cached queries : 47 - Executed queries : 35