x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

900c cmonex v2.0

1 2 3
oski Page Icon Posted 2007-10-31 5:26 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hi,

I think that 61 pages is enough for one thread, and that is the reason to start a new one dedicated to v 2.0!!!!!

1. Installation went without any problems, and the result is amazing!!! Has really put the 900c in a new level. Congratulations cmonex!!!

2. The final result looks to me more wizardry than technology!!!, but I will follow the tutorials and try to get my own ROM, as a good way to learn.

3. I totally support the DONATION, not because Monica will became a millonairess, but just a way of recognition of her efforts, that means supporting our mouth with our money.

4. I tried two navigation programs, Destinator 6 and PrymNav and both run without a hitch.

5. Two small sangging things: can not run backup, it closes itself before starting the backup (comments?), and with Opera 8.65 from cmonex site, when trying to open my hotmail I get a warning like " unable to complete secure transaction". Any ideas?

Looking forward to CMONEX v3.0, that I am sure is in the oven, and will provide a new kernel, new dreivers, etc, etc, that will make the 900c beat the 900.00% in the benchmarking tests!!!!

Cheers!!
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2007-10-31 6:08 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Where's my donations for putting together a slew of linux images and 7000 packages for the jornada and mobilepro? j/k

Installed v2 also. Pretty slick, but whats with the eye blinding 'high contrast white' scheme in both v1 and v2? It's really the only thing i changed right away as its very hard on the eyes.

Cheers.
 Top of the page
rbsfou Page Icon Posted 2007-10-31 6:44 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hey RTFM, i saw your GPE image the other day and i'm going to give that a go soon...If i like it i'll donate (i don't like opie, and full-on X is a bit overkill for a handheld - even if the JLime image is nippy). Once the sound driver and suspend issues are sorted with a new kernel release, the J720 will prolly become a linux machine full time...(such a shame there's no flash, it means the 900c seems more suited to it ).

Yeah...I always change straight to spruce. Unfortunately, the raised buttons look a bit crap without the white colour scheme, but Geared has supplied a replacement MUI file we should hopefully see in there soon (it's on one of the recent pages of the huge forum)..

Speaking of which, do you think we can bribe her to include his HPC Explorer Classic shell as replacement? I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds really good! I'm still mostly using my J720 mainly for the fact that Explorer is so sloooow (also i haven't fixed my screen calibration issue), but once these issues are out of the way it'll be full time on the 900c for me
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2007-10-31 7:34 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Heh, nah i dont take donations, i was kidding, but if you feel the need there is a donation link at jlime.com which helps maintain monthly server costs and such.

Cheers.
 Top of the page
hagisbasheruk Page Icon Posted 2007-11-01 6:12 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Cmonex's 900c V2 rom here http://hpcmonex.net/nec900/customroms.html

Geared2003's V2 rom skin fix http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/get-attachment.asp?attachmen...

Geared2003's Explorer Replacement

http://rapidshare.com/files/66527949/HPCEx_for_Cmonex_V2ROM.zip.htm...

Edited by hagisbasheruk 2007-11-01 6:28 AM
 Top of the page
oski Page Icon Posted 2007-11-03 2:16 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

oski - 2007-10-31 10:26 PM

5. Two small sangging things: can not run backup, it closes itself before starting the backup (comments?), and with Opera 8.65 from cmonex site, when trying to open my hotmail I get a warning like " unable to complete secure transaction". Any ideas?

Cheers!!

anybody has any ideas/experience with these snagging issues?
TKS
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-11-03 3:07 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hey oski: glad you like the stuff, there'll be an update to the rom editing document and a new tool, very soon. just got home from a very nice umm holiday. so you don't have to bother with the document right now, read it maybeuntil the rom tool descriptions. also read the registry part (which is located in the document after the rom editing tools only) except the step by step thing, that is no longer valid, the fix is different and much easier.

the backup app, you mean bsquare backup? even if you don't install anything (maybe just copy some documents to have somethign to backup) before starting the backup app?

8.65, is this the beta?

oh new kernel, that's a very very tentative idea and drivers, a very hard task. still, the idea interests me.

RTFM - 2007-11-01 12:08 AM

Where's my donations for putting together a slew of linux images and 7000 packages for the jornada and mobilepro? j/k

Installed v2 also. Pretty slick, but whats with the eye blinding 'high contrast white' scheme in both v1 and v2? It's really the only thing i changed right away as its very hard on the eyes.

Cheers.

hahaha just my terrible taste for colour schemes, sorry
 Top of the page
oski Page Icon Posted 2007-11-03 3:42 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hi,

Did you have nice holidays?

1. Backup is the bsquare one. Just tried to backup everything.

2. Opera: yes is from your site, and I am thinking in buying it, but for each new version we will need a new fix?

3. Reading......

Cheers!
 Top of the page
oski Page Icon Posted 2007-11-03 6:27 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hi,

Reflashed rom and bsquare backuo is working OK

Downloaded Opera 8.6 30 days trial and also works without problems!!!

Cheers
 Top of the page
Brett45
Brett45 Page Icon Posted 2007-11-03 8:35 PM
#
Cmonex, I've been using your V2.0 ROM for awhile now, and its great. Even better than version 1.0. However, I have noticed a problem with it involving the mouse cursor patch. I often use a little USB mouse with my 900C, and for the most part the mouse icon is in the right spot. However, when ever the mouse cursor changes to, for example, an hourglass, it moves up far above the actual cursor position. Similar to how it was in your version 1.0 ROM without the mouse cursor fix, only this time, it only seems to do it for a few mouse cursor icons such as the aforementioned hourglass icon. Any idea what might be causing this?
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2007-11-04 6:47 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Good job cmonex. Maybe I'll start cooking my own ROM image soon. lol Oh yes. The Tytn II came today.... It's an awesome device!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-11-04 11:30 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

stingraze - 2007-11-04 12:47 PM

Good job cmonex. Maybe I'll start cooking my own ROM image soon. lol Oh yes. The Tytn II came today.... It's an awesome device!

hehe, ok, wait for tutorial today or tomorrow

oski - 2007-11-04 12:27 AM

Hi,

Reflashed rom and bsquare backuo is working OK

oh, so must've been a glitch. if it happens again let me know.

Brett45 - 2007-11-04 2:35 AM

Cmonex, I've been using your V2.0 ROM for awhile now, and its great. Even better than version 1.0. However, I have noticed a problem with it involving the mouse cursor patch. I often use a little USB mouse with my 900C, and for the most part the mouse icon is in the right spot. However, when ever the mouse cursor changes to, for example, an hourglass, it moves up far above the actual cursor position. Similar to how it was in your version 1.0 ROM without the mouse cursor fix, only this time, it only seems to do it for a few mouse cursor icons such as the aforementioned hourglass icon. Any idea what might be causing this?

interesting (i have ideas why)...how would i test this? just invoke the hourglass and see what happens? btw, do you mean, after it changes back to a normal cursor, is it still not in the right spot?
 Top of the page
Brett45
Brett45 Page Icon Posted 2007-11-04 1:09 PM
#
Theoretically, that should work Cmonex. And no, once it goes back to the default mouse cursor, the arrow cursor, it is again in the correct position. I've done a bit more testing and here are the cursors that do, and do not, work.

Working Correctly - Arrow Cursor, Text Entry Cursor
Working Incorrectly - Hourglass Cursor, Resize Window Cursor

It is possible that there are more that I just haven't found yet. Its not a fatal flaw or anything, but it is a little bit annoying when I want to resize a window. So, if you can fix it, that would be great, but if not then don't worry about it.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-11-04 4:20 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

try: attachment below.

installation:

1. rename the existing mui in \windows
2. copy the new one there
3. reboot

i couldnt really test it, couldnt get the issues to show up, but i guess i just dont know how.

Edited by cmonex 2007-11-04 4:22 PM

Attachments
----------------
Attachments gwes.exe.0409.zip (23KB - 28 downloads)
 Top of the page
Brett45
Brett45 Page Icon Posted 2007-11-06 4:23 PM
#
Cmonex, as expected, your fix worked perfectly. As far as I can tell, the problem is completely gone. Thanks!
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 13