x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

.NET Compact Framework 1.0 for Win CE2.0

stingraze Page Icon Posted 2007-11-03 9:39 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

CF Framework 1.0 for Win CE2.0

This is a great news! I must admit. I think I'll start developing for SH3 devices a new browser made out of CF Framework... Now that will be alot easier.

Great news: There IS a release for MIPS and ARM already! YAHOOO! The 2.0 MIPS and ARM are in BETA, but I'm sure it will work!

Edited by stingraze 2007-11-03 9:53 AM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-11-03 2:08 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I'm wondering if there's a way to make any existing .NET CF apps work in CE 2.0/2.11 with this.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2007-11-03 4:41 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

I think it should work.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-11-03 10:49 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Hasn't so far for me.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2007-11-04 5:22 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

hmm... That's not good
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-11-04 1:32 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Maybe some (open-source) programs will work with some hacks. We just gotta figure out what they are.
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2007-11-04 1:45 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I'm not 100% sure if the .NET CF 1.0 for CE2.x is complete compared to .NET CF 1.0 for Pocket PCs or not. The reason I'm wondering about this is because I'm thinking they may have slimmed it down for some of the older devices running CE 2.0 that don't have as much RAM. So if this is the case, some of the APIs used by some of the .NET CF 1.0 applications may not exist in this build. Just a guess, as I haven't really looked into the package itself and I don't have any CE 2.x devices anymore.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-11-05 2:45 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

dstefanov at CodePlex has advised me that this version uses netexec.exe to run .NET CF programs, so they either have to have the file extension .net, or as .exe files have to be run via the Run dialog with netexec.exe [app path].

The site does note that it's not a service pack version of .NET CF 1.0, so any app that requires SP1, SP2, or SP3 may not work. Few apps I've found, however, identify at the download page whether a service pack is required, and those few that do all require SP2 or SP3. Anyone know of any non-service pack .NET CF 1.0 apps I can try? (I have to try MIPS first since, as I've reported to dstefanov, the ARM CE 2.11 version of netexec.exe doesn't seem to work at all.)
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 8