x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada720: Has someone idea how to configure the external hot keys to record sound,stop,play it

patrick295767 Page Icon Posted 2007-11-22 1:38 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Hello,
The jornada 720 has 3 keys outside that may be locked for travel http://acid.ch.pw.edu.pl/~sq5bpf/mylinux/j720/jornada_gpe.jpg
Would someone has any idea to set up these Keys, so that it does like the Psion serie 5, recording the sound when we talk ?

thank you for the trick It does not look pretty configurable
 Top of the page
rbsfou Page Icon Posted 2007-11-22 2:44 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Well i've never used the voice recorder, but you can get them to execute things by editing the registry or using "HiP Hotkeys" (requires PocketC runtime). I just set mine to "donothing.exe" because i can't think of a proper use for them...
 Top of the page
Adanroj Page Icon Posted 2019-12-12 12:30 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I'm not seeing the ability to set the 3 external buttons using "HP Hot keys" and was looking into changing them with the Registry Editor but I'm not seeing search capability in the Pocket Registry Editor. Once I figure out how to set their function in the registry, and once I get Autohotkey ported to Windows CE 3.0, the sky will be the limit as to what can be done with the keys including using them for recording.

Edit: Whoops, I see now that "HiP Hotkeys" was not "HP Hot keys" spelled wrong but is a separate piece of software. I installed HiP Hotkeys and the requisite PocketC Runtime and cannot seem to activate the "Hardware" tab. I suspect that is where the front 3 buttons and the 11 hotkeys would be configured. Is there something else I need to do to make the hardware tab work?

Edited by Adanroj 2019-12-12 1:10 AM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2019-12-12 3:25 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Top of the page
Adanroj Page Icon Posted 2019-12-12 9:36 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Thanks. That works. I also finally noticed the menu icon in HiP hot keys and a setting to enable hardware keys...if it had been a snake it would have bit me.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 10