x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

VPN Client?

donavan
donavan Page Icon Posted 2005-04-28 12:32 AM
#
Anyone know of a VPN client out there that will work for CE 2.0? I have looked but couldnt come up with anything.
 Top of the page
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-04-28 2:27 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I don't think there is not even for HPC2000, there is an ActiveX, so one could be wrttien, but that depends on whether you would pay for plus, CE2 development isn't as easy as HPC Pro or HPC2000, if you are prepared to buy the activex, I don't mind trying to get it working.

Nick
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-04-28 6:16 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

There are a few for HPC2000, nothing for 2.00 though. 2.00 doesn't support the encryption layer.
 Top of the page
donavan
donavan Page Icon Posted 2005-04-28 8:21 AM
#
Encryption not supported ..... well that does complicate things a bit doesn't it. So I guess the next logical question here is what would be required in making 2.0 support the encryption layer. Could one be stolen from another version and dumbed down to work or is this a ground up operation ?

I don't really know where to begin on this if I were to undertake it as a project is there any info out there that will give me the whats what (file wise at least) for 2.0.

As far as the development packages go I beleive I have access to those throught the MSDN library we have here at school. I will check on it today and find out.

If it is a matter of codeing something to work I am williing though probably not the best choice for this (network / harware guy not a coder).
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-04-28 9:54 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You would have to completly rewrite the Secure Channel system, or create your own authentication layer.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9