x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

custom rom making for CE - now the fun really begins!

1 2 3 4 5
sfangc Page Icon Posted 2008-01-14 11:04 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Rich,

When CMONEX released the rom kitchen, I thought it could be as simple as what has been done by the linux GeeXbox iso generator - see http://www.geexbox.org/en/generator.html

I hope that your simpleromtool can be as painless as the example I mentioned above.

Edited by sfangc 2008-01-14 11:05 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-01-15 10:34 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

sfangc, maybe it is just me but i tought providing a gui romtool such as xipport would be painless enough... you would not want to try serious rom editing without it (even though i did the first released rom version that way. 2.0 was made using xipport ). and i provided a base rom and packages for it, apparently i managed to make the description of xipport usage too complex, or i don't know - can you explain what your trouble with it is?

anyway Rich's tool is very nice because it sums up the steps for you in a clickable GUI and will take care of the NB0/BIN conversion and saves you from the pain of entering the commandline commands for the registry scripts.

but you still have to use xipport, so please let us know what your problem is with it. thanks
 Top of the page
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2008-01-15 2:27 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Rich Hawley - 2008-01-14 12:06 AM

As if this thread isn't large enough already. I've been trying to work on a way to integrate CMonex's tools into a single easy to use package.

Made a little progress...nothing spectacular. Anyway, if you are interested, you can download it here: http://hpcnec.com/romstuff/simpleromtool.zip

Very nice indeed. I will definitely try it...!
Thanks.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-01-20 3:00 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

nice stuff..

two observations

1) the conversion to working.bin is omitted from simpleromtool (though the bat file is there and working)
2) the kernalpatch is the old kernel without the patches, though maybe that's intentional?

this will be perfect once the hexediting part will be implemented - maybe we could work on it together?
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.164 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9